What kind of subs should i get??

Bronze Member
Username: Redrida109

Post Number: 13
I have a 1100w kenwood amp, what kind of subs are loud and have good sq? i have about 200$ to spend, what do you guys recomend??

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3549
is that max power or rms, and at what ohm load?

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

?????? H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 1350
2 12" memphis power reference..about $55 a piece

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9601
2 cerwin vega v-max's, 2 alpine type r's, 2 image dynamics IDQ's, those will all be around $200. There are a bunch more that others will reccomend.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
thats max, im new at with speakers but i think the rms is 550 so not really big, i dont really no what the differnce is, and i think like 2ohms i think, not sure

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ok are infinity pretty good, ive just hurd some good things about them but never acualy listined to them

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9603
then 1 of any of the subs I mentioned above.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2265
yeah infinity is good

Bronze Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 41
Man he aint gona get two type R's for $200 I jus ordered my friend 1 15" type R off ebay w/o a box and it was $200.. Lol you should get some kicker L7's no SQL but thy crack pavement lol...(here we go)

Bronze Member
Username: Rob1083

Post Number: 12
rms is the only number that matters if your max is 1100, 550 rms is probably right. go online and google the make and model # of the amp to get the specs. it's very important to find out rms and at what ohms the amp is rated b4 you buy subs. ask more ques. b4 u buy. i would probably spend that $200 on 1 decent 15 that you can give the full rms rating too. put it in the right size ported box and you should be happy. if u don't do this first chances are you will be dissapointed and out of money.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1267
just get one decent sub with a ~500wrms rating

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
be sure u are able to match ohms for max rms though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well the amp i have is a kenwood KAC-8152D, not the best but it works and it is 550w rms and it said it was 2 Ohms Mono Stable, but i have a extended cab pick up and i still want one seat in the back, i messured and i have to get a box smaller or this size if i still want the one back seat its 30"X15"X18", so what kind of 15 whould you recomend that works with my amp

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1275
a Fi SSD 15" would do you great. however you would need a little bigger amp... so i'd use the KW for now then upgrade it when you could... just my opinion

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 405
could get an audioque sd2.5 15"...$169 or something close to that...its rated at 500w

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
yhea my dad just got it for me so i have it hooked up right now and i know its not great but it works. i couldnt find any fi?? on ebay or craigslist or anything ive never even hurd of them but a lot of people in here talk about them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
yhea audioque eather ive never seen those?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3557
www.ficaraudio.com

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 406
www.ficaraudio.com

also check out www.audioque.com

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1276
ficaraudio.com

pretty much the only place to get them other than used on forums...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
it sounds like you don't have much space, just remember getting really good bass usually requires a fairly large ported box {depending on what u consider loud, but i like my bass to really hit} since u have a truck and the sub will be near your ears u should be able to do alright. listen to the smarter guys on here and they should steer you in the right direction as far as a quality sub at a decent price.i would definitely go with a 15 especially since it seems unlikely you will port your box. just be sure you match those ohms properly.
good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
ok so my amp is a mono and it said 2ohms 550w and 4 ohms 350w, im guessing that means i should get one with 2 ohms? i am not really sure how that works i mean i no i want the most rms i can get right?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3598
get a dual 4ohm vc sub to run at 2ohm off your amp.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1038
Get a Dual 4ohm sub

AudioQue SD2.5 12" or 15" 500RMS

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4243
"2 12" memphis power reference..about $55 a piece"
james caroll

X2 as far as a budget, get those, they wang harder than you can find for the cost!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us