Remote turn-on wire

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 479
I am hooking up an amp for my brother right now and was wondering where the best place to run the remote wire to would be. It is a 04 Grand Am with a stock head unit. I have already run the power, ground, and RCAs. Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC VP of 15 Wan...

Post Number: 1134
If you can get a hold to a wiring diagram for that car, you can find a wire to tap directly to. Or you can take the ghetto route and go to the fuse box and put the remote wire on something like "radio" or anything that doesn't have power when the switch is off.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 480
Well, I am thinking that I will just do the fuse box since I do not know how to get the radio out right now. I may look into it, but as long as I have different options.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2262
run it right with the power

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2029
here's what I did, ran the wire from a fuse to a switch which I mounted in the console, then out of the switch to the amp. that way could turn off the amp whenever I wanted.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 481
I am not worried about being able to turn it on and off. The problem is that I do not have the owners manual to it, so I can't even judge where to connect it to. Blaine, what do you mean run it with the power?

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

Memphis HPO 15 Wangers..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 1342
cant u run a remote directly to a power wire

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 482
I don't know...anyone?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2263
ohhhhh well if you are looking for a place to connect it, its gotta be someplace that gets current when the car is on...like your ACC wire behind your head unit. if you are looking for an actual place to run it..... just run it where the power wire runs

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 484
Oh I have no problems running it. I just need somewhere to connect it. Can you just connect it to the power wire?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2264
u can, but then your amp will always be on...... try to access some wires behind your HU, then splice it to the ACC

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2033
yeah, if you connect it to the power, it will run down your battery

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9602
run it to your radio fuse in your fuse box. I am assuming you have a stock radio? How is going to the fuse box ghetto Trell? The only thing the remote does is tell your amp to go on and off. All it needs is a acc power supply(ignition). Going to the fusebox is FINE!

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1119
Just connect it to something that has power and if it has power no matter what (car on or off) put a toggle switch on it so you can turn it on and off but I would use a DMM to check for a wire that has power when the car is on and no power when the car is off. You can use the ACC wire or the IGN wire.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us