Testing an amp

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 198
what kind of tests can be ran on an installed amp to check voltage or signal output?i got a kx600.1 and a 7day old AQ2.5 15.i installed everything and built the box.it was banging so hard i really coulnt believe it.i had very little voltage drop and only at idle on the dash guage.decided to do big 3 upgrade and had some problems with major volts drop afterwards and bass was very muddy.went beck to factory set up on wiring to alt and bass is still muddy and i got some drop at low hz.anything over 32hz sounds like dirt.before all this happened i could have vol on hu at 12 and everything was crisp and clean.now at 20 you can hardly hear the bass.at 28 all but the lowest hz are muddy.amp is not in protect,both rca's sound the same switching them around and running individually,box has no leaks and sub is still tight and solid.anyway to check the output ignal on the speaker wires to see if anything is wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 825
Not quite sure what you're wanting to do here, but the voltage drop problem sounds like a bad ground. Did you sand and clean the areas where you made the big 3 connections? I recommend doing that especially if it's an older vehicle.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9536
do you have another sub you could hook up to it to see if it changes? you need to test it out to see if it is the amp or the sub.

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 200
ya i got an old sub and box,i guess i can try that again,idid 1x but i had both subs and boxes hooked up.i'll try that now.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9543
let us know
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us