Got my stuff!!

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 120
I came home at lunch on Friday to get some food and the UPS guy knocked on the door to deliver my EHQS 12, batt. terminal, rcas, fuse holder and remote wire. I didn't have time to install the sub so when I came home after school I cut the hole in the baffle (the hole didn't really turn out to good but w/e) and got it in the box.

3.3 cubes (i think its around there)
tuned to 30 hz

the plans are at my Dad's along with my car so when I get those I'll post em. Now I got a question. wait i got two but heres the first one. Right now it's on 170 sony wrms in my room. The box leaks a little bit around the sub and it's not crossed over. BTW they recommend 2-2.5 cuft. It kinda seems like it's bottoming or it might be clipping I'm not really sure but do you think the box might not be keeping the sub reigned in because it's too big or will it go away when I get it in my car on the rear channels of a nine.4 and get rid of the leaks around the sub? Here's another question that ties into that. The box is plywood so it's resonating pretty bad so I was thinking maybe resining it would get rid of the resonating and at the same time make the box smaller. Then I would just check the new size in BBP6 and see if I need to change the port (which I can do since the baffle isn't glued just screwed and caulked). Think that would work?

Other than that the sub is awesome for $25. Sounds better, louder, lower and less slurred than the little sony 8 that came with that system. A smaller box would probably make it even less slurred hmmm. It's gonna suck to go back to it though lol. At $25 i can always get another if I get desperate tho.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3699
ok rebuild the box with mdf, and cut the hole out very carefully so you get a good circle and that will solve all your problems more or less

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
I don't have the money for mdf lol. And I'm pretty sure the hole isn't the cause of the leak. It's not perfect but it's not bad enough to cause it to leak. all of the gastket is on the wood. the reason is because I drilled 2 of the screw holes a little too big so it can't tighten it down enough. Like i said I'm sooo low on money I can't afford the mdf. I might be able to convince my Dad to buy it but if resining will work then I'd rather do that. If I do rebuild the box do you think that part of the problem is it's too big and I should build it smaller or just use the same plans?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3361
resin is half the price a sheet of MDF .. (20.97 here) ... build the box 2.5cu.ft and if its for HT tune low.. 28hz

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3702
if your box is leaking thats probly why its bottoming out

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3362
bump

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 833
The box is much more important than the sub thats in it. Do not build a box out of plywood. Use 3/4in MDF.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
ok well I'll fix the leaks and then go from there. It's 16 ply and it's heavy so its not like it's not strong enough. if i get some money I'll try and build another out of MDF. yeah it's for my car but i'm 14 so my car stays at my dad's and i'm not going there til the 21st.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us