Please help on this voltage/no sound issue

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 194
my other thread was about the big3 i did and had issues,voltage drops and no bass.now i got more details and need more suggestions.i posted on biggs thread to try to help him but didnt want to jack it(his thread i mean)lol.so here goes.I built a great box,glued and liquid nails,no leaks,slammed hard and sounded great.decided to do the big 3 and had voltage drop insted of helping,so i put wires back to stock.Now my bass is great from 25 to 32hz.at 33hz all the way to 42hz it is just rattles and alot of air,no sound from. 43 on up its bangin again.the box has NO leaks i promise.this started immediatly when i did the big 3.then i undid the big 3 and sound is the same.all wires are tite and in great shape.someone please help me on this,how could messing w/the power and ground have caused this and how can i get my bass back?rca s are fine ground and power are fine,speaker is hooked up right,if i run my speaker wires to someone elses car with the box still in my truck,itll sound normal again so its something in my wiring but i have no idea what.please please some suggestions,before i quit and take everything out.this happened to me before and thats what i did because i couldnt figure it out.

Silver Member

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 195
oh i also have a kicker sub in a box that i put in to check with and it did the same thing.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3700
thats werid you must have shorted something i dont really know

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... I GOT KING K...

Post Number: 4081
^^^^^ wat he says...

when doing the big 3 dont take out any wires.... juzz add em... like on thepositive terminal juzz add another wire (in this case a 2 gauge wire or similar) to the existing stock wire... then keep doing like that till u finish doing it...

always remove your negatice battery befor eu do this i think i dint removed and u shorted someting like mat says....

on yoru battery negative post... finda cable that goes to a metal piece of your car body.. juzz ad a second cable to it dont juzz replace it...

Silver Member

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 196
ya thats what i did as far as adding the wires.as far as shorting something out,i dont know.i did see sparks a time or 2.finally did unhook cables from battery.but it is wierd how it hits low and high but not in the middle.im gonna go out now and remove the box from the truck and look it over good for leaks or cracks.like i said in some earlier posts,this sub was hitting crazy loud.maybe i got a crack or lear somewhere.thanks for yalls input,will keep youguys posted on what i find,if anything.

Silver Member
Username: Efil4zaggin

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 217

Silver Member

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 197
well no leaks or cracks in box.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2189
check the crossovers on the hu and amp

Silver Member

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 199
i did check the xovers.the hu did change due to disconnecting battery but i put it back to my settings.amp kx600 has a dial,it wont go lower than 50hz igot it on about 80.im runnin out of ideas and hope,bout to just forget the whole deal.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 827
The only thing I can think that would cause this problem is that some sort of damage was somehow done to the amplifier. Do you have access to someone's car where you can hook up your amp to their subs and see if the same problem occurs?

Silver Member

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 201
ya thats what ima have to do,prolly run speaker wire from his amp into my truck to my box and see whats up then.thanks guys for the input,this is really frustrating to have the best sounding system ive ever had 1 day to sounding like pooh the next.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us