Alpine CD Stacker probs

Username: Smallbr

WellingtonNew Zealand

Post Number: 1
Dear qmontgomery'

Just to say thanks for taking the time to record your findings on the CD changer. I have a 2000 BMW 320i with Business Radio and 6 CD changer. Ive had problems of disk jamming and errors for a year and had kept dismantling the changer , moving the large gear above the CD and getting a few more hours before the problem repeated. It would jam immediately if I tried to change disks from inside the vehicle. Had got to the stage of looking for a replacement when I happened on the Alpine discussion.

I read your comments and next morning opened up the changer and could see no alignment of gears issues. I did notice that as I turned one of the gears linked to the motor that it seemed a bit tight but had no way of knowing if that was the way it was meant to be. I then tried screws to see if anything was loose and the one on that gear's motor did a full turn. I then tried the gear again and it ran a lot more freely. After reassembling everthing has gone incredibly well - like new. Disk changes from inside no problem, no errors - wonderful.
So thanks again. I bet you didn't expect this from New Zealand a couple of years after your suggested help. I will try to record this email on the site. It may help someone else.
Best wishes,
Brent
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us