Stereo skipping

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 593
why does my stereo skip every time i turn up it up.... could it be that i need a bigger alt.?? i had a thunder 81000D (2 ohm stable) pushing 2 CVRs 12" ... i had em hooked up @ 1 ohm so i thought thats probly why... but i switched the amp now i have my bro-in-laws A1500HCT @ 1 ohm and ever time i turn it up it still skips... or could it have been the it did it before b/c of the ohms and now it does it b/c of the subsonic filter???.... and it might just be me but i think it skips less with mp3s rather then with regular CDs.. thanks for any help/opinions given

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 811
Either your HU is going bad, or your amp gain is set too high.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3698
probly your voltage dropping so bad your HU shuts off

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 329
haha when i had a sony explode HU it would shut off when teh bass would hitt, then i got a new alpine hde-9856 HU and for some reason i dont have any probelms anymore but my lights till dim pretty bad when i had my amp working but my amp is blown now witch sux , ill be getting all new stuff soon, ohh yea sry for cuuting in this forum but i had the same problem when i had my system in and i now have no system only subs with no power lol, and no problems now that i have a new Hu and no system

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3701
michael, sounds like the alpine can run off a lower voltage, and your amp blew because it wasnt getting enough current

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... I GOT KING K...

Post Number: 4083
yes..... the alpine has beefire caps... that can help at lower voltages..

the caps wills torage energy and when the voltage really drops it gives th eenergy needed it but sometimes its too much voltage drop that the caps wont help....

alot ofpeople says a small cap on the battery helps alot but its dangerous..... all of the heat the cap can explode.. like near the headunit u can wire a .5 farad cap and will help alot on the sq ( no clippin from the h/u)

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 594
maybe .. i have the amp 3/4 of the way up and my hu is a panasonic cq-c7301u

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 595
i checked again and it skips like if the cd was scratched and when it plays mp3s it just all shuts off... well every thing stays on but its like if i hit a big pot hole or something

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1792
i had the problem with a cd player doing that... the cd player was bad... no voltage problems or anything, i could even disconnect the subs and have the amp off with the hu up and it would skip. I thought i had to much bass and not a tight enough mount to the dash... but bad HU... is it a Kendwood?

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 596
no its a panasonic... if i turn the sub vol. off it won't do it no more.. imma try to turn the amp only half way up see what happens... but can it also be that i have my stock speakers still straight to the stereo???think it would change alot if i was to put my 4 channel on my stocks?

Username: Jlaudiow7

Indianapolis, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1
ur either have a bad head unit or it not mp3 format all song have to be mp3 not just some all i had tht problem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us