Things about bl subs

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 322
ok i am getting 2 bl's soon but since i will be running either 2 kicker kx1200.1 amps or 2 1606d hifonics amps, witch should i have ? dual 1ohm or dual 2ohm? And what is p chamfer ? Should i get cooling? and should i get daily or spl? And what is that extreme lead thing?

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1147
the kicker is rated power at 2 ohms and the hifonics will be at 1 ohm. why not 1 big amp for both of them? whatever, but it really depends on which two amps you are getting and how many watts you want to them.

pole chamfer = the pole that the voice coil rides up and down on is chamfered at the top a tiny bit, meaning it is machined at a slight angle at the very top so it is not a straight edge and the voice coil slides up and down smoothly.

full cooling will increase the wattage but decrease motor strenght. if you are mainly burping them then full cooling isnt good, especially considering they are only used for a few minutes at a competition.

"and should i get daily or spl?" why ask us? are you using it daily for music or are you burping them? im sure your using them for daily with your choice of amps.

extreme lead is the heavy duty tinsel leads that should only be used for burp-only subwoofers.

hope that helps...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1148
out of those two amps, though, i would use the two kicker amps. in that case you would need two dual 1 ohm BLs.

what size BLs are you buying?

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 324
ok thanx tremor.. and i wil be useing 2 12's .. but what other amp would u suggest instead of useing 2 , kep it about 500 dollars plz or under would be awsome.. but yea i aint gonna be useing it for comps so yea i guess that means no cooling or extream lead, but the chamfer thing i stil dont get it so u mean the sub isnt a streight angle , but anyways can u help me on sugesting another amp instead of the 2 ? thanx

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1256
kicker 2500.1 :-)

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 325
hmm where can i find it for that much tell me thanx..

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3646
the kx is 1 ohm stable and does the power at 1 ohm.
must have misread it lol.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 326
no wreak havok i read it lol i just was thinking abou tit and i think wiht my trunk space it would be beter off getting one good amp instead of 2 , cuz my trunk is 36wide, 37 deep, 17.5 hight, and i need a nice box for those subs and if i were ot get 2 amps it would be taking more space from my box witch means less cu ft , but yea i will be going with one amp now that tremor said sumthing abou tit, and pluss i can get that 1 amp for less that the 2 so it all works out i just need to know wear to get that amp for cheap or wear to get an amp that will be nicee and power them good

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 330
B.U.M.P.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1149
"but the chamfer thing i stil dont get it so u mean the sub isnt a streight angle"

what? haha...

the part that the voice coil slides up and down on (inside of the magnets) it is a big cylinder of metal. that is called a pole. the pole is then chamfered. chamfering is just the term used when the top of the pole is machined at a slight angle for the voice coil.

hope this helps:

Upload

as for the amps. theres alot to choose from. kicker 2500.1, orion 2500, memphis 2000d, soundstream 3500, etc.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 405
The coil itself does not move if I am not mistaken.

It is attached to the cone, and the current going through the voice coil creates a magnetic field either repelling or attracting to the motor very quickly.

I do not know what "pole chamfering" is.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 334
ok ye a that helps, but yea idk tremor what amp woudl u recomend for 500 or under that woudl be best for those subs and they will be 12's

Gold Member

Post Number: 1160
i would do the orion 2500 or memphis 2000d.

my friend has two modded memphis 2000ds. absolute beasts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1161
or if you could find a kicker 2500.1 but i think they go for around 600. schweet amps though...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1162
i have an amp that i will be getting rid of pretty soon. it is a concept cd-2410 and is rated at 2400rms. i dont know what kind of watts it really does but i can get it to punish my BLs.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 337
lol sweet get a pic of it plz , but dont take it that i said i want it cuz i aint sure on anyhting yet.. but it really pounds the bl's huh? sweet
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us