Install in 06 trailblazer

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 771
Hey whats up guys, my friend has a 06 trailblazer LT with the factory bose system. I heard from some dude that it had such a low output to the speakers that a normal adjustable output converter wont work. I have a speaker level to RCA adjustable converter that works with 2 to 30 watts of input signal. I was thinking that I would run it off the signal to the rear left speaker only, will this work? Also, where is the best place to connect the remote turn on lead?

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 772
(We are trying to install his subs, we have the amp kit.)

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 635
couldnt u just get a aftermarket stereo and use the rca outputs.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 812
^^^^^^ If he did that he would also have to replace the speakers and get amps for them, as the factory system will not work with an aftermarket HU.

To interface an amplifier to a "premium" factory system, you need something like this:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep.php?prod_id=369

I think Rockford fosgate makes a similar device.

Follow the directions CAREFULLY when installing that unit. You do not hook it up to any speaker wires as those signals have already been crossed over by the factory amplifier. It must be hooked up to the signal feeding into the factory amp, from the factory HU.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 318
(I'm just giving my input, not trying to prove you wrong or anything FYI but here goes)

My first mono amp was done by circuit city bc i thought it was way harder than it was. All they did was cut into the wires an use a line out converter to hook it up. IDK if the bose systems any different from my stock infinity, but I dont know why it wouldnt work.

When I installed my HU in my cherokee (stock infinity system w/ stock amp) I had no problem hooking everything up and my stock amplifer worked as well as my mono amp.

Just throwing my 2 cents in. I would think that whether or not you upgrade the HU, the stock system should theoretically work....just make sure to test it every step of the way to make sure its still workin......

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2252
you can connect the remoste turn on to basically anything that turns on when the car/radio turns on

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 773
Hasn't anyone ever seen or done an install on the trailblazer factory bose system before? Can I use the rear left speaker to splice in the line out converter?

And where is the best spot for the remote turn on lead?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us