Need one good sub and amp

Username: Hear_dat_bass08

Novlety, Ohio United States

Post Number: 6
im on a 500 dollar budget for one sub and amp what should i get. Im thinkin a kicker L5 and a kicker class D mono amp.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 3075
L5s suck d1ckolas
get a Fi BL from www.ficaraudio.com
and a kicker kx1200

and your set

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4205
i got a brand new, never seen power, fi ssd with flatwind coil and hifonics 1206d amp...under $500

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 3077
buy that ^^^^ lol

Post Number: 7
idk i mean my friend has a L5 and it really hard i mean it was louder then my friend who has a JL W6v2 in his car so im thinking i might get the L5 im not sure but keep letting me no if theres something else sause ive never even heard of Fi

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Imortal Box Building, Email us wit...

Post Number: 6395
www.audioque.com

The L5 was louder cuz it is an spl sub. The JL sub is a sq sub. Get Yanks Fans SSD.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4206
^^^yea get my sub lol

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 796
SSD will squash an L5 in every aspect

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 4415
Lol. Where are these guys coming from all of the sudden?Upload

Post Number: 8
Yea i already bought the L5 and amp and box today but thanx for all ur suggestions

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3534
hahaha, should've listened to what you were told. see you back soon when it either blows or you realize it sucks.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4207
dammit...why cant i sell my stuff? the first time i was gonna sell, i had like 5 offers from people...now this time, the real time, nothing...lol

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9506
Mike LOLOLOLOLOLOL, AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that is so true! my over/under on this guy coming back is 45 days.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1143
and this guy chose an L5 over your SSD...

CJ is a reminder of why kicker still makes subwoofers. because people are still buying them. :-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4211
ssd > L5

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 404
i dont see why he even asked?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4439
Upload

Post Number: 9
i dont get why people hate kicker i like them because there loud subs and they dont blow and for people who have Fi. cool good for u i dont no if i can trust them because ive never heard one and never even heard of the brand and i got my kicker L5 and it hits really hard and is well worth the money i spent. i might get another.

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 554
^^^you are a f!cking idiot...get the f!ck out of here until you learn something

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3542
"i dont get why people hate kicker i like them because there loud subs and they dont blow"

guess you have no experience with them then, huh?

"got my kicker L5 and it hits really hard and is well worth the money i spent. i might get another"

worth the money, hahaha. wow, that is about one of the dumbest things i've read on this forum.

and if you were already set on wasting your money on the l5, why waste your time and the time other people took to try to help you? idiots like you don't belong here.

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 835
Holy sh!t I can't believe that guy just chose a sub with one of the highest failure rates in the buissnes over one of the best quality brands out there.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9560
exactly^ he will learn soon enough, the hard way unfortunately.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 650
actually people like him MAKE ME ENJOY car audio. bc dumbass's like him are the ones who go round tellin there buddys how good kicker is and what not and kicker stays very popular along with JL and other mainstream brands. and then the select few of us who actually do our HomeWork and buy good equipment SOUND THAT MUCH BETTER...if everyone where smart then we would all sound good..and id be pissed cuz i wanna be the best

Gold Member

Post Number: 4465
Upload

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 839
I agree, except that JL makes good stuff even if they are a mainstream brand.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I guess all the kids on this forum must have there mommy and daddy by there subs and stuff. I like kicker i dont no why but i do. If u dont have ne thing to say that isnt dumb then dont post a comment.

KICKER LIVIN LOUD!!!!!
Fi(sucks my b@lls)

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 556
don't get me wrong...kicker is great, but why did you go with the L5 ? its not loud, doesn't sound good, and blows very easy

btw don't ever post a thread again until you learn something

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1450
Well, he will soon grow out of the L5 and move on up to something better. Probably when the L5 blows. Because L5's do BLOW you know. Sounds like CJ does too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
wow i bet all of u are like 16 year old f@gs who dont pay for ne thing they have there mommy and daddy buy them. Hey and guess what my L5 is loud and thats all i care about so FXCK off if u dont got ne thing to say thats not negative about kicker.
KICKER LIVIN LOUD

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3543
wow, calling everyone f@gs, pretty sure you're not getting much help from people here anymore. not like you'd take it anyways cause you're a fuc_king retard. so i hope you have fun listening to one of the shi_ttiest sounding, poorly built subs. and that's funny, you saying everyone here is 16 year old f@gs. i see in your profile your 17. wow, a whole year older than 16, guess that makes you so much cooler and smarter, you fuc_king hom_o. and i like that amp you had, sony!! hahaha, you just stay buying shi_tty stuff don't you? but i guess you bought that sony amp before you knew anything about car audio didn't you? i guess now that you learned so much here you moved on to better stuff, like that l5!

CJ = FUC_KING STUPID MUTHERFUC_KER

Username: Splsq

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 1
i agree with ctmike sony is horrible. But i dont think i agree with everyone on kicker being bad im not sure ive heard the L5 and L7 and i liked them but then agian i dont really no anything about car stereos. So if u can help me get one good sub and ump for like 400 dollars. Im on a tight budget i have to make payments on my car. so help.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3544
carl, first start your own thread. no one likes thread jackers but your new and you didn't start off with a smartas_s comment so it's cool. but please don't say kicker is good, decent at best but their l5's and l7's suck. really bad. don't post that kind of stuff in this thread cause you'll just encourage cj the douche bag to keep posting crap about his l5. but you could check this out, got it really fast:
sub - http://cgi.ebay.com/12-IDQ-12D4-Image-Dynamics-Dual-4-Ohm-Subwoofer-NEW_W0QQitem Z170088507944QQcategoryZ18803QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170088507944

amp - http://sonicelectronix.com/item_2853.html

lots of other options but are you going for spl or sq? basically just loud (spl) or great sounding (sq)?

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1452
CJ I used to have two 15" L7's. Yes they were loud, but now that I've heard REAL subs I will never buy another Kicker sub. The difference is night and day. I do however continue to use Kicker amps. You should of listened to the advice you were given. That is just lack of wisdom. I'll bet that you don't listen to what your elders tell you either do you? That is too bad cause now you will have to learn the hard way. But these guys were nice enough to try to help you and then you insult them. You probably need you @ss kicked, but since your too scared for that to happen you will probably never get correction and continue down the road of "loserness" for the rest of your life. I will be buying your next kicker and sony system when you pick up your monthly welfare check.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1338
KICKER IS GREAT.It just depends on what you buy from them.They make great amps and SOME people are happy with their speakers.Kicker also dominated at Kansas City Usaci World Finals so they must be beyond "decent" mike.Once again it depends on what you buy from Kicker,I would love for Kicker to sell nothing but great products but...I guess when you mass produce so much that you lose quality control or you just don't care.Kicker would be a much better company if they built their lower line products a little bit more reliably but then we all have to consider the idiots that buy their Kicker products over at Best Buy and Circuit City.I'm sure any of us knowledgeable guys here could run Kicker L5's and L7's without blowing them because we're not the Car Audio noobs that run to the store and impulse buy the first woofer they hear.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4266
for the record...almost everyone on this forum,have worked months upon months to save up for their system...i worked all summer in a POS job just to get the money i needed to get the system i wanted....but im not gonna rip on you, if the L5 makes you happy then good for you, enjoy it...but never come on here again and call us all f@gs...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4470
Upload

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3545
everyone has there opinions rob, and i respect yours, but i still think they are at best decent when it comes to subs. and not saying it cause i just hate them for no reason with never owning them, my last sub was a 15" cvr, and my very first subs were a pair of 12" impulses. liked the impulses, the cvr's a good "budget" or "first timers" subs or whatever else people might call them, but i have personally seen quite a few solo's blown/ruined by people that know what they are doing. one for instance was a 12" l5 in a very, very nicely made ported box, getting about 600wrms CLEAN power, and it lasted for about a week. friend had it replaced since it was still under warranty and this time it lasted about a month or so. no shi_t, after this happened i personally saw him take the box with subs still in it out his car and throw it in a dumpster. personally i would never ever buy one but again my opinion. there speakers aren't too bad imo, if i had to buy from a local store i'd say they are one of the better brands for speakers avalable near me. their amps i love and will never hestitate to buy again and recommend them whenever it fits someones' needs/budget.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1339
Keep in mind they make the Solo X Mike :-)But other than a Solo X I might try 4 L7 15's but I don't like the idea of them blowing right away.The other thing about Kicker is they make mostly square subs for their SPL lines and I would like to see Kicker make a round sub for SPL because if I ever want to drop in a different sub for testing or whatever...I can't ya know?Between you and me Mike I'd look into other brands besides kicker but I have been thinking about running 4 15'' L7's just for the H3ll of it.I wouldn't reccomend any kicker subs to my friends though.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1454
I heard that the new L7's are more reliable, but too little too late. I wont buy anymore Kicker speakers.

Username: Splsq

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 10
hey ctmike i started my pwn thread its "need help with system" and it turn out my parents already bought me a 05 kicker L5 in a ported box nows all i need is a good amp to power it. I have like 180 to spend.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us