Hey Oleg....Lady in Distress

Bronze Member
Username: Bigbass24

Post Number: 12
Don't know if u remmebr or not.....but u suggested i get the orion hca1200 amplifier for my 2 kicker cvr124.....but what is suppose to run the 6x9 and 5.25....i need serious help

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1318
You're going to need another amp or amps to run your other speakers.It's always best to run your subs off of a D class amp and run your speakers off of A/B Class amps.You can either get a 4 channel to power your speakers or get two 2 channel amps or even run them off the head unit but amping them is a much better idea.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
so i have 2 kicker cvr124.....what do you suggest at a good price...oh thanks for your help

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1324
We need to know what speakers you have before we can suggest an amplifier for you but there was someone on here- Matt Dope I believe, that had a nice 4 channel amp for 120 Shipped.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
do i have to get another battery or something if i get two amps...or what...cuz i dont want my battery going dead

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i havent even got the speakers yet and suggestions for sound quality....and i want to install in factory location ....so i want the tweeters already on the speaker

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1325
Well you want to go with Coaxials then.As far as another battery goes,you're better off getting an upgraded alternator.Once again to reccomend you speakers and amps we need to know a budget and then we can help you pick something out.Find out what your stock alternator is rated at and we can then judge whether or not you'll really need an upgraded alternator or High Output alternator.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
my budget is about 1000 for the speakers and amp

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9491
what kind of car do you have? make and year so I can look up the size of your alternator.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
i have a 02 buick park avenue...not supercharged...just the base model

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1326
F|_|Ck lol...my post dissapeared.I was saying the reason for the new alternator is so you don't run your amps on too low of voltage and Clip the speakers which is caused by running too low of voltage causing your amps to send a bad signal.Now that we know your voltage we just need your phone number so we can call you endlessly and talk about "Car Audio" yea....sorry...I haven't been an azzhole in about 5 minutes and it's killing me ^_^
Rob FTMFW! :-)

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9492
Hey Rob has anyone ever told you that you really are an azzhole? lol thats why we love ya:-)

dude your alt is 125 amp. If you want to run 1200 rms to your subs and then another 200-300 on your mids and highs that is about 1500 watts. at peak power you will draw about 150 amps from just your 2 amps. I would say you need more.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1331

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 558
James, that does sound just about correct in theory. However, she can hook up her stuff and see if her lights dim n such. My friend's running HCCA-d1200 and a hifonics zeus off 115amp alternator and even at idle lights never dim. Doesn't make sense theoretically, but does in practice. So tbell, get your stuff and see how it works for a day or two, then let us know and we'll tell you how do go about getting another alternator. I suggest you do NOT get coaxial speakers for the front. Most car stereo shops can do a very good job installing your tweeters...flush mounting in the door (cut out a whole in the door), or surface mountung. The sound is much better if you get the tweeter in a separate location. So you're sure you have $1000 to spend on new speakers and an amp?

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9517
isnt the d1200 only a 600 watt amp or is that the 1200d.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 560
Yeah, 600W RMS, but I have a feeling it puts out more. Those kickers don't need 400W. You can get full excursion from them by driving both with that amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
so no coaxials in the front you say.......then i should get a component set for the front....i have 3.25 nad 5.25 in front and of course 6x9 in front

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5996
tbell, how in the world can you have 3.25, 5.23 and 6x9 in the front?? You driving a bus or something?
Before you start buying things left and right, put your budget on paper and subtract from total for every piece you purchase.
Unless you're into really high sound quailty (can get very expensive), Infinity coaxials will do just fine.
Infinity 5.25" costs around $100 or less for 2.
Infinity 6x9" costs around $150 or less for 2.
Audiobahn 8002T costs $150 or less.
Audiobahn 8000T costs $150 or less.
Power distribution block (for adding 2 or more amps) costs $25.
Inline fuse and wires, $50.
For under $600, you will have good sound in your car.
You don't have to go with Audiobahn, but I just gave you some models that perform well at a low cost.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
lol isaac......i meant 3.25 in top part of door....5.25 in the bottom of the door.....and 6x9 in the back i meant......someone suggested not to get coaxials

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 561
ok tbell, what are those 3.25 speakers? Are you sure you got the size right and it's not just a 1" tweeter? Hmmm what's your AIM sn? or just get on yahoo...we'll find this puppy a home in 20 minutes! lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us