Wut sub 18" Q solo x or BL

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2209
Well im gonna buy it on the 16th wut ever im gonna buy im just confused on what to get, 2 18" Q's, a 18" solo x, or now i havnt been on here very often but i read a thread about Fi's BL? I need something really loud but its gotta sound good on the lows, i dunno about the solo x but i saw a vid on ROE and WOW is all i can say when it was moving that tire. I dunno what do you guys think of that BL i dunno much about it what would you guys get. Thanx.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2211
Bump

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1243
the solo x needs a LOT more power than the other choices. 2 18" BL's off ~2000wrms+ would be great, which is what i would get personally...

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2212
18" of love?? lmao. Hey wat do you got?? an 18" q?? Well im also not sure if i should get a HK 4000D or a xx colossus. So you would get 2 18" BLs?? If they are louder then the Qs and just are a little less off on SQ then i should get them.

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1245
according to chauncey who has both (i just have the Q 18) the BL is about 25% louder than the Q. the Q takes it in SQ still, but not by a lot...

if i had the room, i would definitely have plans for 2 18" BL's. i'm eventually going to get rid of my Q for a one at least...

for the amp, a kx/sx/zx2500.1 would be excellent. i'd stay away from the MA, but you would be ok with the colossus...

Bronze Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Maitland, Florida

Post Number: 20
as long as you get the 1 ohm version of the solo x 18 you can run only 2500 rms watts to it. ive never seen the other 18s b4 so i cant tell you which is better but whats nice about the solo x is when you blow it instead of buying a whole new 100 pound sub you just replace the s.p.a.i.r. (simple pull apart insertable replacement)and hold onto the b.a.m. basket and motor which is nice if your doing comp because you will blow your sub at some point.Upload

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 660
Fi subs are easier to recone and cheaper than a solo X.... and if your wanting any kind of SQ at all please do yourself a favor and stay away from the solo x

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1818
^agree soloX is stricly a SPL sub you cant even throw it into a SQL category unless you are like a super pro with installations..... lol and 2500rms on a 18 SX wouldnt even be worth buying that sub....

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1167
the solo X will get wicked loud and in the right box can do some damage on the lows but i would go with the 2 BLs as i know how 1 solo X sounds compared to 2 BLs on 2000 watts...

you will LOVE two 18" BLs...

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1168
the solo X needs so dam much power too.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1347
You can throw way more than 2500 watts RMS at a Solo X.Trey do you have any idea what you're talking about when it comes to a Solo X?You can literally recone a Solo X on the field in 5 minutes so reconing a Fi sub is not easier due to the design as far as I know,if you knew anything about the Solo X at all you wouldn't have said that.You've probably never even heard one on top of all of that....oh and by the way my Solo X was far better than hitting the lows than my DD 3512,the SQ isn't absolute garbage,it's not very good but it's not too bad for an SPL sub.I'm not exactly sure what it costs to recone a Fi sub but a Kicker Solo X SPAIR is $150 dealer price and one last thing,if you're competing at a comp and it's attended by Kicker and you blow it up Kicker will give you a free SPAIR(Recone),which I think is pretty cool.

Bronze Member

Maitland, Florida

Post Number: 21
i said you can not thats all it can take i have 2 2500.1 thrown to mine but if your on a budget 1 will work with the 1 ohm version.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1353
Patrick do you have any other pics?The pic you posted about is either a SPAIR or a complete woofer uninstalled or a Spair not yet bolted down.I'd like to see your install if you don't mind.

Bronze Member

Maitland, Florida

Post Number: 22
this is with the spair out wires are bein soldered. i used screws ta bolt it down the chrome bolts get ruined easily if you tork too much which i did.Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 700
reconing fi subs are much cheaper than a solo X..... and yes i have heard solo X in a 10 cube wall, sounded terrible it played betcha cant do it like me....unless your competing the solo x is garbage...

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 146.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 3103
SOLO X's are garbage

Silver Member

Post Number: 701
BUT they sure do get loud. just not my taste for a DD...

Bronze Member

Maitland, Florida

Post Number: 24
depends on your taste idc bout how crystal clear sound is i just want hard bass and this sounds amazing with low bass maybe the one you heard just had a bad setup.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 146.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 3104
i wasa just kidding
but seroiusly i would consider buying a solo x if i had the power for it
otherwise i wouldnt buy one and i would have to tune the box super loww

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 818
I would also get the 2 18" BLs. They would be louder than the Qs and sound way better than the solo x.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2218
Kool thanx guyz i even forgot about this thread, like i wanna do damage spl wise, but of course its gotta sound good....oooooookkkkkk, 2 18" Q's or 2 18" BL's?? Wutcha guys think??

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1311
BL's FTW

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11793
BL's

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4656
I have hear quit a few SoloX's, both in daily and SPL installs. I cant stand how the X sounds.

Yes, they get dam loud in SPL installs...Matt Sibley's CRX can attest to that, but he used to have trouble w/ the cones cracking w/ ~4000w on the 12's. Also, Josh LaFontain's 12's sounded like garbage...he swapped to RE SX's and not only sounded better, but was louder on the same power (~3000w).

Many of the daily single SoloX18 installs I have heard were far, FAR from amazing. But the 4 18" install I heard was pretty crazy...but it dam well should have been (4 18's walled and 16 kx1200.1's )

All in all...If you are looking at a Collosus or a n HK4000d, go w/ the BL's. If you have the space for 2 18's... I really fail to see where a single X18 will be better than 2 BL18s daily.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4657
Oh...and BTW, by making those X's 'field reconable' Kicker had to make the VC gaps wider.

Wider gap = less motor force

Sure...a SPAIR is ~$150 dealer cost, but how much is it retail???

You can get Fi to ship you a recone and rebuild your BL...It will take more time than the SOLOX, but will be CHEAPER! (Just have to wait for the glue to dry...so over nite would be the max wait)

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 847
Two 18" BLs FTMFW! They should sound good and still get loud.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2219
Thank you to all of you, does anybody know what happened to Muddy?? I havnt seen him on here for a while. Ok then i will go with a couple of BL's thank you for all your input guys.

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1313
idk really. he made a post on here not too long ago... just one though lol

Bronze Member

Maitland, Florida

Post Number: 26
you dont always have to replace the spair when i burn out a coil i resoder the wire and its fine it cost maybe 10 cents in materials and 10 mins of time

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 885
" whats nice about the solo x is when you blow it instead of buying a whole new 100 pound sub you just replace the s.p.a.i.r. "

Don't buy a kicker and you won't have to deal with your blowing

Bronze Member

Maitland, Florida

Post Number: 27
true those best buy speakers dont take enough power to be able to blow
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us