Help with speaker setup, Alpine or Mb Quart? Somethine Else Maybe?

Username: Alec123

Post Number: 1
I am trying to decide what to buy. I am looking for something that has good sound quality that can also be cranked up fairly loud. So Far I am considering alpine or Mb Quart. I have a subaru impreza which can hold:

Alpine SPX-177R and
Alpine SPX-137R

or

MB Quart Q-Line QSC or QSD 216 and
MB Quart Q-Line QSC or QSD 213

I will also consider anything else but these both I have heard are great. I will be hooking up a 4 channel amp and have no idea which one yet so any help with that as well.

I have an alpine CDA-9857 receiver.

Thanks for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 239
I will tell you that both of those MB Quarts series will out perform the Alpines on EVERY level possible. But thier pricy. Though the Q-line is not as good is it used to be, still a very NICE set or comoponents, they just suck in comparison to the old ones. I fell they are nice, but very pricy. I wouldnt buy them unless you could get a Good deal on them. I got the QSD 216's, and they are Bad A**, they play VERY loud, disctint, hand lost of power, and produce a lot of volume. I also have a set of Diamond Hex's. They also sound very nice. DLS, CDT, and Infinity also make some nice comps. Out of Those I have only heard Inf, the others come highly recommended by many. What kind of price range ya in ?

Username: Alec123

Post Number: 2
I have found the MB Quarts on ebay for 200 QSC and 300 QSD. I am leaning towards the 200 dollar ones. what amp would be good?

Username: Famous22

Post Number: 5
I wouldnt trust ebay, bought a pair of memphis and they were cheap knock off's. So just be careful.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 874
I wouldn't get MB Quarts, they are known for having very harsh highs, and there are better speakers out there for the price. Look into the other brands that nick posted.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us