MTX 2300X Questions/Problems

Username: Caffeinegamer

Post Number: 1
Okay, so I have a Jeep Wrangler, year 2000. I have a Jensen CD4610 head unit. I have a 10" Polk Momo (MM2104) wich I had hook up to a Lightning Bolt 1 channel amp (it sucked). A friend of mine upgraded her car audio system a while back and recently gave me one of her old amps. Its a MTX 2300X. I was playing around with differnt ways of hooking it up. I was going to hook it up in bridge. When I hooked it up in bridge, without the rca from the head unit or the speaker wires to the amp hooked up it would power up fine. When I attached the RCA, the power light starts to blink. I had to upgrade from a 30amp fuse to a 40amp at the battery because it blew through them. Am I able to run this amp in bridge mode with my setup? I want to get the most out of my 10" momo, I know its capable of hitting harder then it currently is.

Thank You and any help is greatly appreciated.

Cody

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 238
1st things 1st. What is your final impedance load at the amp. many things can be wrong here, but we will start by making sure your ohm load is acceptable for the amp. Assuming it is, your amp might be fuged up, or wiring issues.

And why the upgrade in fuse rating, did someone just put on in their that is too small and you replaced it with the proper size, or 40a is just where it quit blowing them ?

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 548
The rating of that fuse is entirely dependent on the wire size you're using. The wire size is in turn dependent on your amp. You cannot change the fuse because you got a new amp. Check this out first:

http://www.bcae1.com/wire

You determine the wire size based on your amps max current draw and manufacturer's recommendation. Your RCAs may also be bad - hook them back up to your old amp and see how that works.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us