Why do you guys hate on L7's so much??

Bronze Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 25
I jus ordered two 10" L7s off ebay for a low price they were the 2004 edition and everywhere except here I've read great customer reviews why don't u guys like em. Well mines are alreadii paid for so I can't turn back so does anybody have any tips for me like breaking thm in or do's and donts with them? And plz no smart allecks saying u should've bnever gotten them or anything thing like that thanx guys

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Imortal Box Building, Email us wit...

Post Number: 6340
lol most people dont like them because they have very poor build quality, the blow very easily, and they sound like sh!t.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1292
Just becareful not to over power those subs.They do pop fairly easily.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3525
what they said x2^ and the 04 model? looks like you paid for factory refurbished subs. and port them. if your going to have a system that sounds like shi_t, might as well be loud shi_t.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 10984
i don't hate on them. i rather have the L7s then nothing. lol.

they sound pretty decent. its just i like other subs more.

Bronze Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 54
ive said this before but I think most of us just think L7s suck because its so mainstream and the majority that have them think they are all that and don't respect anything but SPL. At least that's how I see it.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 766
Two reasons:

1. Their sound quality sucks.

2. Their build quality sucks even worse. They have one of the highest failure rates of all subs. This is mostly due to that stupid square cone design, which puts pressure on the corners.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Ok well do u guys have ne tips so that I don't blow thm ? Besides having thm set right?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 768
Really the only tip is don't overpower them. Just don't be suprised if you do have problems with them sometime down the road. They are not well made subs.

There is a reason why they are cheap....

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 603
dont give em to much power.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1246
my reason ery person i know thinks that the L7 n w7 are the best in the world ever (the number 7 must have somtin to do wit it )

but i heard one an it sounded horrible very horrible.....

i have yet to hear any more though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Ok well I'm running an audiburn A8000T to each sub which is 800 watts each so what should I set the gain too? My friend had the same exact stuff except he had only one audiburn going to both of thm and he blew em because thy didn't have enuf power plus I heard on other sites that thy take a lot of power? And I'm not lookin for great SQ I've heard these subs b4 and thy pound it was painful to sit in the back seat...

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 252
yeah i love my 12" L7s and they pound but i dont think they are the best subs ever by nemeans but i was just looking for SPL and found the L7 to give you the best bang for you buck lol litteraly bang but neways if you buy with warranty y even trip about them blowing thats the way i look at it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Yea I need a warranty but I bought them off ebay I don't think I can get one can I? But what about my amp setup question I posted above any answers?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2177
Dwight. If you bought off Fleabay, then it does not have warranty, unless its from an authorized kicker web dealer like HiFiSound or something. Also, they will take just over 1000wrms daily with a good set up. So if your amp pushes 800, your fine. But that amp..... I dont know what to say about it, as I have no first hand experiance with audiobahn, other then running away from them as fast as I can.
So keep the gain set right, minimal BB, A proper box. Good wiring, and a prayer and you should be fine.

btw, I liked the bass output of my L7 12.
Was just looking at the L7 15" on Fleabay myself.

Silver Member

Post Number: 254
yeah with good set of speakers and tweets it covers up the lack of sq and i mean they just pound extremely hard for a 12 and 1500 watts for that amount of bass is not that bad

Gold Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1028
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
yeah that looks like a prefab box so i would totally agree with you biggs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Well I don't have 12's I have two 10" and the wattage is not 1000 its 600 and peak is 1200 and I read up on the amp b4 I got it and it got good reviews from you guys.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2179
"My friend had the same exact stuff except he had only one audiburn going to both of thm and he blew em because thy didn't have enuf power"

So he clipped em to death in laymans terms.

That is why it is important to set gains right. If after settinig gains, and you feel it would hit harder by turning up the gains, Then turn the gains up to max.....

...after you Disconnect it, Then ditch it and get a new amp.

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

15 $$D... Wangin? ...T...

Post Number: 404
You should have gotten better ones...

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perres, California

Post Number: 1965
is there anyone that wants a ported enclosure for 2 12" L7s?..i got one its new

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11735
i had around 1300rms on each of my L7's.and no problems..All and All it comes down to if u no what the F#ck ur doing...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Well I'm getting mine "professionly" installed so I should be good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us