Blown amp

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 297
so when ure power is al hooked up and everything an dthere is no power comeing from the amp light and no spark when u hook up the amp even with the batery on is ure amp fried or wut?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Imortal Box Building, Email us wit...

Post Number: 6357
does it push the subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 53
try oppening it up n checking, ull know if it is fried. most likely you just forgot to do something. could just be that a fuse is blown on ur amp..

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9427
no spark? what is it an engine? there is not supposed to be sparks with electronics.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 298
ok no it does not push the subs it dont even turn on. it did b4 ut now i go to hook it back up and nothing its weird cuz liek when i took the fuse out i would see the power light come on but only for about 5 sec then it would go back to nothing, and dim away, then when i would put teh fuses back in it would do nothing at all, and yes james i remember when i used to have my first system when i hook up the power without unhooking the ground it would spark the amp, and i tryed leaving the battery connected and nope no spark at all. so if you guys could tell me what it could be that would be helpfull the amp is only about 3 months old and i have no idea how it could be fried already, its a kenwood 9102d but i know it isnt a best brand guys

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 773
I will bet it's blown. And I'll bet it's the power supply, kenwood amps are infamous for that.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1770
ive never had a problem with my kenwood by the spark he means when he plugs the power into the terminals on the amp... hence the spark(when the amp caps. have drained) but if all of your fuses are good (including your inline) check that your remote line isnt messed up.... take a wire and jump the REM with the + power input and see if it turns on, if it does you have a remote wire problem...

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 299
ok il try that killa but im sure it aint gonna do anyhting lol well thanx guys ill let u know what it does when i do what killa said

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 303
ok yes i tried that and nothing so it has to be blown my guess is unlessu guys can think of sumthin else but i tried another crappy lanzar amp my neighbor had laying around and that works so i guess it is blown i am gonna try and send it to kenwood and get a new one otherwise im out 327 dollars again yes i got ripped

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 306
bump

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 308
ahh well my dad called bestbuy and they said if i have teh serial number code on it they would fix it and , i was like sweet even without a receipt and he said yea cuz he told them i lost it , but if they see that there is liek a power wire shocking part like on the metal by the terminal will they still fix it or will they say wel u abused this amp? that was b4 i knew not to unhook the power and ground of the battery though.. but is it true they fix it or do they just give me a new one cuz my friend got alpine type r subs and blew them and they just gave him new ones but idk if he had a special waranty on them or not so do u guys know?

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 607
i had a kenwood that when u turned the car on the power light would turn on and then turn off after about a second. it turns out the amp was fine it was jsut going into protection mode. it turned out that i didnt scrape all the paint off where i grounded it so the amp wouldnt turn on and would always go into protection mode. also check all ur connections make sure theres no shorts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 608
b-u-m-p-

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 313
yea but that cant be my problem cuz i have had that amp hoked up in my car for about 2 1/2 minths now then i put it in my friends car for about 2 weeks then i go to hook it back up and nothing it wouldnt work, but my friend only played it for about 1 hour of those days he had it cuz his car broke down in my driveway and then sat.. so no snarl2004 i dont htink that smy problem and all my wiring was already installed i never took it out , and yes when i first put it back in it blew the power wire fuse then i changed it and nothing no power but when i was hooking it up i never got a power lite just blew teh fuse so i have no idea what it is

Silver Member

Post Number: 613
take off the cover to the amp. if somethings fired you will be able to see it. if you can take some pics and post them im sure some ppl here can point out some things for ya. also if its fried u will prob be able to smell it

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 314
well yea i can take pics but its the kenwood 9102d amp and u cant take the front cover off they made it liek that and all u can do is take the back one off and u can only see the back of the chip and i took it off and yes i did smell something weird , and the cover had like a brown streak on it and my guee\ss is it is fried but i can put the pics up if u would liek but the brown streak is hard to see if i showed it on the pic and another thing how do i post pics up i tried and it wont work

Silver Member

Post Number: 619
press upload image next to the post button. the pic can only be 600x600

it sounds like it is fried take it to a shop

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 315
yea but do i like paste the pic in the box rite here where you write messgaes? and yea i aint takeing it to a shop but my dad called bestbuy and they said if the cerial number is on the amp they wil fix it . i dont know if they mean replace teh amp or just fix it thereselfs but i dont hink bestbuy fixes amps do they?

Bronze Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 55
they do. fried my amp n took it there but it was so bad that its not worth fixing. it also helps 2 know if u have the manufacturer's warranty on the amp still.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12102&type=page&contentId=10433636 03930&entryURLID=cat12085&entryURLType=page&h=287#majorbrands

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 318
ok yea . so they wil tel you if it is to bad to fix or what? and what is a manufactors waranty is that the 1 year thing or is it the waranty that u ha to pay for ?

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 320
bump

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 321
BUMP

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 331
B.U.M.P.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2016
"take off the cover to the amp. if somethings fired you will be able to see it. if you can take some pics and post them im sure some ppl here can point out some things for ya. also if its fried u will prob be able to smell it"

however....if you take the cover off, and they can tell its been taken off, that will usually void your warranty because YOU are not supposed to open the amp

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 332
yea i have taken it off and there seems to be a brown streak and yes it did smell a lil bit, but when u take teh cover off its the back one and you cant see the top of the chip where all the stuff is only the back of it but ill tak epics fror the heck of it, and how would they know if i was carefull about takeing it off, and not stripping the screws hwo will they know?

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 333
i tried uploading a pic but i think you need a user account of some sirt to do that on a website that u keep pics on so i don tknow how else i can do it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us