Cutting out subwoofer circles help please

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

Memphis HPO 15 Wangers..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 1331
how do i do it if i dont have the subwoofer..like if i want to make a 12 or 15 inch cutout..or solobaric cutout?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1728
solobaric would be easy.. its a square hole.. mesure from the enge of the box... for the other cutout.. take a board meaure HALF the size you want the cutout and put 2 dots on a board at the HALF apart length... then put a nail threw one hole into the board u want the cutout...the other hole... a pen\nail watever u can use to scratch or leave a mark for u to cutout along... make sure you dont make the cutout 12" for a 12 tho lol

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1729
u spin the board round the nail thats nailed into the box... so make sure its centered on that nail and its not to tight to not turn the board

Gold Member

Post Number: 1332
omg i soooo dont understand that^^..okay forget the solobaric for now..im talking about regular subs?

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1731
:-) here u goUpload

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1732
Say you need the cutout to be 11.1\4 inch for a 12.... space the nail and screw dot on the board HALF of that length apart... and the nail holds the board in the center of the cutout and twist the board around it marking your cutout line..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1333
oo sooo i just put a hole anywhere in my homemadeprotracter thingy...then i measure from that hole to the utencil hole..so if im doing a 12 inch box..i measure half which is six inches between the two holes and for 15s i measure half which is 7.5 inches?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1334
ooo it wont be exactly 12? i dont get it..why is it eleven and one fourth

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1734
every subwoofer i have ever seen always has a bit smaller of a basket then the size of the cone area.. like my pair of dd9515s i ordered.. cutout says 14", you get what im saying? i would check with mounting secs on the manufacturor page to get what size u need but yes, u get the point. just make sure the nail is in the place u want the CENTER of the sub to be so it doesnt overlap the sides of the box or anything.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1335
ooo thats all you had to say...i just have to look up the cutout of the sub on the internet and do half..thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us