Help me out please

Bronze Member
Username: Krazzyboy44

Post Number: 73
well i know what i want know i a couple of audio shops today and got my trunk measured and i have 9.5 cubes but now im i have another little problem with three different subs and a couple of amps. i want to know whats the best route to go!

p.s. dont reply if u not going to answer the question seriously
(3) KIcker L7 15's ( 3 cubes each)
(2)Audioque HD3 15's
(2)Tcsounds tc3000 15's

and the amps are
kicker kx2500
hifonics collosus or thor
Incriminator Ia20.1

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 239
i would say if you dont care about sq and you just want it to be crazy loud go with the L7s but if you want something with sound quality then dont get them but ive heard 15" L7s before and they are devestating but i dont know much about the other two so cant help you there

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3506
damn, my first post didn't show! but i'd say either the audioques or tc's, or anything but solobarics, with either the kicker or ia amp. personally i'd try out the tc3000's with the ia20.1.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
thanks but which one of the amps will work

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9423
my post got erased do you want SPL, SQL, or SQ. also. I explained these in more detail before but for some reason my post is gone.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3509
both would just got to remember the kicker is 2ohm stable while the ia is 1ohm stable (but from the 2 i seen and from what i've read on it it can be dropped lower daily).

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
hey ctmike dont you think it depends on what hes looking for dont rule out the L7s just because most people think they suck im sure if hes looking for pure SPL the 3 15" L7s would be way louder than the other two mentioned

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
so u tellin me that two of the ones u said will get louder than 3 L7 15's

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3510
yes dipshi_t it is what he's looking for but this is an open forum and since he didn't post what he's going for i gave my honest opinion of what i would choose. hence the "personally i'd try out the tc3000's with the ia20.1."

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
no i think the 3 L7s would be louder but the other subs would sound a lot cleaner it just depends on what you want the L7s sacrifice sound quality for loudness and the other two are just better all around subs but dont get as loud as the L7s it just depends on what your looking for

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3511
"so u tellin me that two of the ones u said will get louder than 3 L7 15's"

no, the 3 l7's would win in straight spl but i chose not to pick them cause 1) you didn't post what you're going for, 2) think they sound like shi_t, 3) poor build quality, the l5's and l7's do have a checkered past with blown cones due to the increased stress points, and 4) i think after being on a car audio forum for awhile i would be able to pick better subs than what every other (uninformed)high school kid driving around has.

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
ok ctmike i asked you politely and didnt call you names but if you have to call me a dipshi_t then i guess as long as it makes you feel better i didnt mean to upset you my bad man

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
im looking for spl i listen to mainly screwed up music so all the beats are going to be slow

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3512
raymond, so you're saying one hd3 up against one l7 would lose in spl, everytime? or a tc3000?

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
well even if it is the hd3 it wouldnt be one on one it would really be one hd3 against one and a half L7s if that makes sence because of the 3 to 2 sub ratio

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3514
might be true, but not 100%. comes down to install. that's like saying 3 kicker 12" comps would beat, say, a pair of treo ssx's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
thats true it all depends on the install theres too many variables ported or sealed box, if your pushing the subs good enough but like he just stated if hes just looking for SPL i would still recomend the L7s but thats just me

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3515
i'd go with the either the audioques' or tcs', they'll get plenty loud, loud enough for most, and still sound better and better build quality. i'd never buy a l7, or l5, just cause of all the problems that they've had with them.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3516
oh, and bo, have you upgraded your charging system yet/set aside money for it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
well i actually agree with ctmike i just have 2 12" L7s and they are loud enough im sure 3 15" L7 would be crazy loud maybe to loud if its just a daily driving system and you would prolly be better of with two audioques theyll get loud enough and sound good while doing it and prolly be easier on your charging system

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
i have money for all that and is 3 cubes enough for a 15

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
the new L7's supposed to be stronger

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
it all depends on the subs specs and if you want to go seal or ported wich in your case since you want spl you would prolly want to go ported and it all depends on wich sub you want and then check the minimal amount of cubic feet riquired for each sub

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 527
Just to clarify, the cone area ration of a square sub to a round sub of the same "size" is 4 to pi(~3.14...), which is less than 3 to 2. On a side note, either TC or audioque can get really loud from what I hear, so I doubt you'll be left wanting more. You'll also get better build and sound quality with those.

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
oh and yeah most definately 3 cubes should be enough for 1 15 and just in my part my 12" L7s are the 06 models wich are the same as the 07 and i dont have ne problems with them at all and in my opinion they get extremely loud and dont sound to bad but i havent heard a decent sq sub but if you just want really loud subs i would go with the 3 L7s but thats only if you want pure SPL if you want ne SQ at at then look at other subs but i love my L7s and i havent had problems with them and plus if you buy new they have warranty so y get scared about them blowing

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
i want it to be loud enough for daily driving but i also want it to be loud enough to take somebody out tha want to challenge me

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
then i would go with the 3 L7s but thats just me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
what will be a good amp to power the subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
where will the alpine type r's compare with the rest of the subs

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3519
not as loud as the others, but better than the l7's. since it seems you're still deciding what is your budget for everything?

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 529
Yeah, bo...throw a budget in and we'll be able to give you much more concrete answers.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 530
Also, there's quite a price difference! HD3s and TC3000s will run you about $750 shipped, whereas L7s will only run you $470 shipped off eBay. Price are per pair. So you need to figure out what you can and can't afford, and with those subs, you'll probably need to upgrade the charging system to give ample power to your amps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
well as of right now i want everything from the same company like (subs,speakers,amp,)i know the other companies are good to but i want everything matching so i think its gonna be Alpine or Kicker maybe memphis m3's $800 subs $800 on amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 250
the L7s are way way louder then the M3s but the M3s sound way better sound quality wise and i would suggest going with kicker because if you want it all to be kicker then ull be very happy with their amps or if you decide to go with memphis the Mojos would be way better than the M3s

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
so will the kicker kx2500.1 or do the zx2500.1 will have more power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
three alpine typr r 15's with three 1000 watt alpine amps or three L7 15's with a kx2500.1 final setup

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9443
like Mike said I really hope you set aside about $500 to upgrade your electrical system with 3000 watts. No stock system will accomadate that. Me personally, I like kicker amps so I would do the 3 alpine type r 15's and a 2500.1, that would be very nice.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 534
Does raymond work for kicker? And if so, does he know what a comma is? lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
lol that would actually be one of my dream jobs i wouldnt care how much they would pay but getting paid to be around subs amps and speakers all day would just be awesome and sorry for my lack of commas i have college prep at school and i get really tired of having to be grammatically correct so i just like to relax while im online

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9450
It should just come second nature. Grammer is not something that can really be turned on and off. either you are educated or you are not.

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
Well i am really sorry to all you guys at ecoustics. I will try and start to use propper grammer and just incase you didn't notice the fact that i like L7s shows my lack of Education. Im just joking but ill keep the grammer thing in mind.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9454
lolol I didnt mean to sound like a D!CK lol but good response:-)

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 535
Seriously. A few guards bring a prisoner to a king, awaiting judgement. The king says, "Execute not acquit." Did the king mean "Execute, not acquit" or "Execute not, acquit?" Maybe we'd pay more attention to that if it were life and death...anyway...

Bo, dude, get some TC sounds and you won't regret it!!! Godaaaaaaaaaaamn lol

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 536
Let's start the good practice by first spelling "grammar" correctly and with 2 a's hahaha

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
well i spelled grammatically with two a's but after James Longo corrected me i assumed his way of spelling grammar was correct ,but i guess i was wrong yet again.Damb, i really need to get me an education. LOL just joking thanks James i know you meant well and ill really keep it in mind

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9456
my Apostrophe key on my laptop is busted lol I knew you would call me out on them haha.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 537
You guys are funny, hope you're learning from this, bo. And dude, get TC sounds again!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
i wanna go erything the same company, how good are the T2's

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 539
Heard all their subs are good. I have TC1000s, but haven't put them in yet. They don't do amps, so you can't do all the same brand there.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3528
if wanting to go all one company i wouldn't go kicker, besides' their amps personally the rest of their stuff isn't worth buying. so alpine would be a better choice then kicker just cause they make hus', speakers', amps, etc. but then again your wire isn't going to be alpine so your screwed there. i don't think there's one company that makes EVERYTHING that would be worth buying for an entire system.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
well i just came back from getting an estimate for getting my box build and the guy told me that i was only able to get two 15's in my car.

i heard people talking bout how good the T2 and the Mtx 9500 is so now they are on my list now which one

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
and what i mean by everything the same brand i mean subs and amps

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 543
There really is no good reason to get subs and amps from the same company. Get a pair of TC3000 or HD3s and you'll be more than happy. You can be more flexible on the amp...kicker, RF, US amps, etc

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
can the tc3000 get louder than the HD3

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 489
This is sofa king retarded. Why do we have to talk about f!cking Kicker subs every day all day? Why do people buy them?.... seriously.

Is there something in your gene pool that prevents you from, I dunno ---- actually saving a hundred more dollars to get something that is actually worth a flying f!ck and that you can be proud of?
If some of you didn't understand that big word back there: "saving", that's when you deny your punk azz the things that you normally would buy in order to get enough money to buy something worthwhile. I don't understand this whole "dude I have $200 to spend but I want some tuff subs so I can out-do my g@y friend" sh!t. I really don't.

When I was a kid (like most of you) I saved up money for up to a year to be able to buy the stuff I wanted. I never settled for this cr@p. Let's face it, Kicker makes very good amps, but for the most part they are looked at as a joke. Why anyone would buy there subs is beyond my ability to comprehend. End rant.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 544
Nice rant, anyway...I don't know which get louder. No one on here really has TC subs, but they say HD3s are pretty loud. Holla!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
will two autotek mm1400 be enough for a couple HD3's

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 784
This thread is in need of some pics:

Bronze Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 40
^^^^ Haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 268

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
with a $700 budget what can i power 3 tc3000's with

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 562
I thought you can only fit in 2 15" subs? If you're somehow getting 3 after all, be sure to get single 4ohm coil configuration so that you can parallel them to 1 1.3ohm load. I'd say go with some US amps XT-4000D or AX-3000DE. After this big thread, I really hope you're getting this stuff!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
there going be ported cuz i heard that the Tc's excel in sealed boxes

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 565
That doesn't make any sense...why would you not get a sealed box after hearing TCs excell in them?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
i meant to say sealed my bad

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
my choices are
kicker 2500
hifonics thor
massive audio p3000.1
used IA 40.1 if i can find one
3 autotek mm1000

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3547
i'd go with the kicker or ia. check caraudio.com, every once in awhile they pop up in the for sale section.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
anybody know how much the ia 20.1 put out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us