Help on new subs

Bronze Member
Username: Gaige99

Post Number: 84
thinking about doing whole new setup i have 2 pbx xa3000d's on the way and will probably sell one so i have 3000 watts at 1ohm and i want a really nice sql set up. i was thinking about 3 or 4 12"s or 15"s. i would like them to sound really good and im sure with taht much surface area they will be plenty loud i just don't want to spend over 900 on subs alone any ideas

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1643
do you have electrical upgrades? you'll be needing them... anyways... to get 4 12s or 15s for that price i would have to say go Fi, but you could go with massive audio or audioque too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
yeah i have an ho alt 3 batt and the big three i was running a soundstream 3500 before and never really dropped below 13.8 . what models of each of those brands would be good. i know that i don'thave enough power for q's how do the ssd's sound and how would they do on 750 a piece.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1651
SSDs would do just fine with 750 RMS a piece. A guy was running 6 12s in 6 cubes sealed hitting 149.8 or something like that. if you have the room for 4 15s ported then you'd be hitting 150s with ease... hell of a daily driver haha...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1653
I'd also look into some TC sounds subs.. they are SQL dreams (supposedly). They might run you more than 900 though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
that would be awesome. which tc sounds.. and i could live with 3 15"s but taht puts a wierd 1.33 ohms on the amp which im guestimating would be around 750 per sub so i just figured 4 would be more efficient for the amp. is there any way to get 3 subs running at 1 ohm?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us