New Sub/Amp company

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 404
As many of you may know, I am the owner of Low-hz.com. The site will be up and running fully soon hopefully. It still has a few bugs that need to be worked out.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that there is a new audio company out there that I myself have been very interested in ever since hearing about them. And I would like to tell you about my findings so far. The company is Rd Audio and their website is www.rdaudio.net. That is just a basic outline of what their site will be like, but I was informed the real site will be up within a month or two with updated product pictures and specs.

The owner of the company was a past shop owner, and has had many years expieriance in the car audio world. Don't know the exact details for how long he owned the shop, but he must have done very well, since coming out with the line of subs and amps he has costs a LOT of money. Not to mention after testing some of his products, he does make solid equipment.

Right off the bat many of you will notice that their subs bare a striking resemblance to Atomic products. That is because they are built in the same buildhouse, and many of the models RD carries branches off from atmomic products. Already though, they have changed a lot of the parts and are moving farther and farther away from the direction atomic went in.

To date I have tested two of their series of drivers. The Elite SPL, and the Alpha series. With a single 15" Elite SPL we hit 149 db's at 45hz on a TL. With 2 Alpha 18's we hit around 150 db's tuned between 28-30hz. That also was on a TL as well. The Elite SPL sounded decent, and got very loud for such a nicely priced driver, and the alpha which is more of a SQL driver got very loud as well but the sq on it was the most impressive part. Any sub that plays that low, and gets that loud, and still sounds that good is a very solid SQL driver.

The Elite spl is rated at 1000rms daily, and we burped it at 4000rms with no problems at all. The alphas are rated at 2000rms and the pair was run off of a IA 40.1 when metered. A second 40.1 will probably be strapped to them in the future.

Also, most of the RD subs can be custom built. They offer different options depending on what your specific substage goals are. So that is another thing I really liked about the company. Shipping of course takes longer when they custom build each sub, but overall the products are much better.

I will be testing the other subs in the near future, so I will let you know what I find out about them as well.

In the meantime if you have any questions about the company, I would be more than happy to answer them.

You can contact me at Ben@low-hz.com or just write any comments/questions in here.

Hope you all learned something new!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1274
Any chance your site will get more than 10 products at a time on it?Lol,sorry I'd just like to see you guys carry more things.Actually,you guys carry more than is listed but you need to get it on your site or somethin.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 405
Agreed.

And I have been asking my webmaster that question for quite some time now.

We probably have about 50 products that I would really like to sell, but we are having tons of problems trying to upload them onto the site. I got a new guy working on it now, so hopefully very soon we will get them all up and things will be working again.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3635
im sure there are people on here that can throw togather some good web sites with all of your stuff in a matter of days.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2203
how much will a 1000 rms sub run me?

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 624
yeah, they look pretty cool but i would kind of like sum price figrues

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 407
Well prices are going to be higher once the brand gets established. But right now I am giving out some real good deals on their subs.

For example a 12" Elite SPL which can handle 1000rms daily and 4000rms for burps would be right around $275 shipped to your door. $275 for a 12" that will hit in the high 140's and handle that much power is a very good priced driver.

The alphas will run about $100 more per sub than the Elite SPL's. But for a SQL driver that can handle 2000rms daily, and can be custom built more towards SPL or more towards SQ depending on your taste, that is also a very good price.

So pricing is VERY low right now. But once the name really gets out there, prices are going to increase. But even after prices are set normally they will still be a great deal considering the quality of the subs.

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 545
do you have any prices on there amps ?

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 408
Yeah, I got the amp prices but they don't seem to be very low. I haven't tested them at all yet, so I am going to wait to comment on them. But once I get some more info on the amps I will let you guys know.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 398
how long do you think you will be runnin these prices on em? i might like to try a few in my new vehicle

and jw, how much more for a 15" elite spl?

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 399
bump

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 409
$300 shipped for the Elite SPL 15.

And the prices will be good for probably around a month. It really depends on how quickly the name gets out there. But for now I am just trying to get the name out, and I know once people test them out their quality will speak for themselves.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... I GOT KING K...

Post Number: 4024
how much for the 5k rms amp????

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 412
The 5000.1 would be $1400 shipped to your door.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1294
Ouch.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 414
Same price as a IA 40.1 which puts out 4000rms :-)

But like I said, I am not commenting on their amps until I test them out. There are 2000rms amps that sell for $1400 because of their quality. So I don't want to judge them solely based on price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us