3 Subs on a mono amp

Username: Pagemaster

Post Number: 1
Just wondering if anyone could help me out with this little problem. I have 2 12" Power Acoustik Fubr 1800 watt subs and an MTX 7000 with a *3000* watt (yeah right) American Legacy Mono Block amplifier. I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to put all of the subs into a box and run them all from the one amp and still have it be stable. I have a Nissan Quest Minivan that you wouldn't believe the sound quality in and am in need of some big bass. I don't know what my alternator power rating is, but I'm sure I'll need a capacitator. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 760
You don't need a capacitor, read this:

http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html

And you don't want to mix different subs in the same car. It will cause cancellation and sound bad.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 77
MS, can you elaborate more on this sound cancellation? Are you saying that 10's with 12's would be bad? Or don't mix different su8bs of the same size?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3500
basically don't mix sub sizes/brands.

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 237
one of my first systems was two 10" stillwater kicker comps and two 10" sony explodes and even thought it sounded like sh!t it was way louder than just the two 10 inch sonys but it will definately get louder dont know about better though

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9415
those stillwater kicker comps were fantastic subs:-)

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 238
yeah they sounded pretty loud for really old tens in a sealed box and a lot cleaner then the xplodes well sony just sucks thats prolly why

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9420
yup:-)^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us