All in one DVD player reciever vs. separate player and reciever?

Username: Toxiccivic

Florissant, Missouri

Post Number: 1
I've been scoping out new head units and found that some DVD players come with a screen and some are just the player and the screen has to be separately bought and installed using up a second DIN. ]

It seems cheaper to buy the units separate but are there compatibility issues?

can i buy a DVD player HU of one brand and buy the monitor from a different brand and hook them together?

Anyone have any experience with this?

the image shows what i'm comparing....

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 400
The short answer is yes. You can have different brands of screen and player and most stand alone players are universal as far as what screens will work but there are some that have to be used with the same brand. Just make sure that the outputs on the DVD unit are compatible with the inputs on the screen. You should also be aware however that there are a lot of really cheaply made screens out there, so be sure to ask around and get as many opinions on brands as you can.

Username: Toxiccivic

Florissant, Missouri

Post Number: 3
Well what exactly does it mean for a screen to be crappy? not have many extra features, or totally break prematurely. I guess as long as the screen doesn't break, i'd be fine with something like a Pyle that costs hundreds less. I could even buy another one when it breaks and still end up ahead. Even the name brands aren't immune to breaking right?

Thanks for the tip on the inputs and outputs, I'll keep an eye on the specs when i'm looking.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us