Best sub for rap music

Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 10
what up guys im about to get a new sound system what will be the best sub for rap music the L7 is in mind but i also want a bit of sq a lot of rap soungs hit low bass so want som of that two im looking to spend about 300-450 a sub

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 796
How can you have the L7 in mind when you are talking about spending 300-450 a sub?? It doesnt even compare to others in that price range.

How many subs are you planning on getting?
What size subs?
How much power are you planning on running?

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 395
I have been working with some new subs that seem very promising. Answer the above questions and I am sure I could suggest some nice subs in that price range.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2191
showrides...what subs have u been working with?

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 396
I have been working with those RD audio subs, and so far all the tests have been very promising.

They have been hitting some very high numbers, and handling the power we through at them perfectly. (Well above what they are rated at)

Along with having very solid SQ on the SQL/Sq subs I am overall very happy with them.

But of course there is a LOT more to test out since I have only hit a few of the lines thus far.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2192
never heard of rd audio...whats their site

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 397
www.Rdaudio.net is their site.

Their site is new, and the owner told me in about a month they would have the site fully updated and all the product specs up.

But in the meantime I can help answer any questions you may have about them.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 399
Even the pictures on their aren't correct. I know they have already changed the backplates on many of their subs along with various other parts.

They are made by the same people who make atomic, so you will see a lot of commonalities there. But I know they have also changed a lot of parts to get the performance out of the subs that they wanted.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 400
Even the pictures on their aren't correct. I know they have already changed the backplates on many of their subs along with various other parts.

They are made by the same people who make atomic, so you will see a lot of commonalities there. But I know they have also changed a lot of parts to get the performance out of the subs that they wanted.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2194
nice....thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2195
dont want to jack this thread soooo back to the original question..

what up guys im about to get a new sound system what will be the best sub for rap music the L7 is in mind but i also want a bit of sq a lot of rap soungs hit low bass so want som of that two im looking to spend about 300-450 a sub

Username: Slapshot94

Post Number: 2
i have two L7s and a soundstream amp and box for sale.

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 11
im looking to spend that much for two i have a 90 buik park ave also want something that will sound good in there

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 401
Answer the questions one poster asked. There may be better subs out there for you.

How many subs are you planning on getting?
What size subs?
How much power are you planning on running?

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 12
i have my heart set on 15s but and im looking to pick up a brutus bxi 2006 2000w rms

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 13
sorry chiefs but im looking to brand new with the amp but how did they sound what kind of car where they in

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 177
save yourself some money and get the audioque 2.5 series 15 inch sub.i know i'm gonna make people sick of hearing that.like trell,im very impressed with my 15....1 15 flexes my vehicle pretty good and hits the lows like nothing ive heard.if you wanna spend 300 per sub,get the fi BTL 15.i wouldnt recommend the square subs for long term listening,they are impressive on some songs,but bomb bad on most.i just replaced my solo that i was bangin for 2 yrs with the 15 in audioque 2.5.it makes the kicker sound really bad.hope this helps ya.just my 2 cents,whatever you get,get a custom box built for them,not a prefab.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 798
Look into getting a pair of soundsplinter rl-p. They would work good with 1000 watts a piece. They also get low and are pretty loud. Check them out at
www.soundsplinter.com

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 14
thanx for info livin loud but where can i get some and how would you say the sq is

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1723
DD
www.ddaudio.com

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 15
ok guys good looking out

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 402
Since a bit of SQ and a lot of low bass is your goal, there are plenty of good subs.

All the subs formentioned are solid drivers. The RL-p's have always been good sql drivers, DD has a lot of good lines but they are a little pricy, (which makes the audioque alternative nice), and the BTL will really pound.

Also, I wouldn't rule out that new company I was talking about. The alpha series from RD Audio fits perfectly into your budget, and it is a VERY loud SQL driver. I know I can get Alpha 15's for $375 for 2, or $400 shipped each.

As far as numbers go, there is a guy hitting around 150 db's at around 30 hz with 2 alpha 18's. That is VERY loud, and tuned very low. Not many drivers are capable of hitting that low and that loud. Of course some of the companies/subs already mentioned may have a chance like the BTL.

Just something you might want to check into. I can get you any info you may need as well.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 440
How much power do you need for the Alpha 15"s?

I see he has about 1600 to work with if he getting that amp

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 403
Anything over 1000rms will work great with an alpha 15". The 15" is slightly more efficient than the 12" alpha, and 1600rms would work great.

It can handle 2000rms daily, but he won't notice any real difference between 1600rms and 2000rms unless he gets it metered.

So the power would work out perfectly.

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 178
the sq is great on the aq s website is www.audioque.com the 2.5 series is what you need 169 shipped.listed rms is 500watts but im runnin 700 on mine and they said thats fine.they are conservative on their power handling.I'm already wanting another 15 to go w/1st one.good luck

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1001
livin'loud

What amp are you using on your SD2.5

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 16
i looked on ddaudio .com and did not see the price for the for the 9500 15" any one know about how much they run

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1003
The AudioQue HD3 15" is basically the same as the DD9500 15" but cheaper.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 410
Keyword basically^^^

But the 9500's are better drivers than the Hd3's. Just from a pure logical standpoint, why would DD build the HD3's which sell for $200 less than their 9500's if it was the same as their 9500's? Basically they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

The HD3 is a very capable SPL driver, but it isn't the same as a 9500 series from DD.

And the DD 9500's DD sells for around $600. If you give them a call they will give you pricing.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Phoenix, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 665
I heard somewhere (I believe it was the owner) that the difference between the DD's and the Audioque is simple:
The Audioque is built WITHOUT the cooling system found in the DD subs.

So.... I would ASSUME that it's safe to say that the difference lies in durability and dependability.

I know DD has a SUPERB reputation for durability AND dependability (If I could afford them... I would spend $ on them without any hesistation). So, maybe making the Audioque was a way for them to reach all those fans and/or potential buyers who just CAN'T afford them (by taking out the cooling system to lower the price)... AND, at the same time, not running the risk of ruining their reputation by creating a new company name entirely for these "discounted" DD subs.
You follow what I'm saying?
I can almost swear that my first statement is true and accurate and that it came from the "owner of Audioque" himself. Although, I'm not 110% sure who I heard it from... I would bet $20.00 that it came from him... and, I would bet $50.00 that the info within the 1st paragraph is correct. Like I said, though, everything after that is based on marketing tactics, common sense, and assumption.

Now - don't get me wrong, you guys... I'm NOT saying that the Audioque's are "throw away" subs... I'm just saying that with a reputation as hard earned and well deserved as DD has, creating Audioque was the wisest thing to do in order to finally reach out to all those DD fans who just can't afford their products. I'm absolutely sure that the Audioque will last you a long, long time too (moreso, IF you don't misuse them and IF you know what you're doing on the install, etc.) I'm not in any way criticizing the durability or dependability of the Audioque subwoofers... because I've NEVER heard of anyone having a problem with them. I'm just suggesting (to Showrides - and everyone else) the possible reason why you see the "same sub - different price" scenario.

I mean, it makes perfect sense to me... superb company... EXCELLENT reputation... great products... good marketing... best intentions... and now - even people like myself (and you too) can buy their products as well.

Pretty cool, huh?

Personally, I still can't decide between Audioque and Fi Audio for my immediate choices.

Does anybody else agree? Or is it just me?

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1741
Sean my theory on it, DD(Jessa owns) is owned by the son of the owner of Audioque(DJ owns), maybe they shared designs in the past or something thats why you find them similiar. I havnt heard either yet so i cant really say.. but in a few more days DD wooo:-)

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1742
well Sean they deffinetly arent throw away subs... thats what power acoustic and pioneer subs and such for :-p Sony wooo wooo

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 18
a showrides where can you get the alpha 15"s from and is a warrnty on them because the alpha sounds good to me

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1282
Killa were you saying Pioneer subs are garbage?

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 413
Sean Gibson, You are 100% about the cooling system being the difference. And you pretty much nailed my thoughts on the situation as well. So we are on the same level now. I just didn't want people thinking the 9500's and the audioque HD3's were the exact same driver.

Bumpndatrunk just email me at Ben@low-hz.com and I can give you all the info on the alphas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us