Need to find a working JL Audio15W3 D4 (v1 or v2)!!!

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 482
I have two version 1's but one is in pretty rough shape from sitting for 4 years. The spyder is dryed up and cracking and one of the voice coil wires is disconnected from the cone. The surround is also starting to dry up and crack. I want two so I need to find a fully functional and undammaged or not "dryed up" JL 15W3 D4. Any info is greatly appreciated. I don't care if its version 1 or 2. Just has to be 15" and dual 4 ohm voice coils. Keep me posted on any info. Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 125
hey would you sell the dustcap of the broken w3?
its pretty typical for the surrounds to get dryed up and crack my friend just had to buy new surrounds for is w4s hes had for 7 years still bang loud as f^ck though lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 485
I might try to repair it first but not sure how that will turn out. Dust cap has some scratches so I am not sure if you would want it.

Does anyone know where I could get a new spyder and surround put on and fix the wire? If not than does anyone know where there is one for sale?

Silver Member

Post Number: 486
Anyone?????????????

Silver Member

Post Number: 487
Anyone??

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3630
i dont think you can do that to fix the spyder i would try armorall on the surround though

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 996
Sinful

Maybe this will help

http://www.millionbuy.com/jla15w3v2d4.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 489
Thanks Joey, Anyone else know where I could get one.

Mat Dope, is this sub junk then? or can it be used with cracked and dryed up or no spyder at all?

Do you think that sub on that website will be dryed out since its age?

Silver Member

Post Number: 490
bump

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3958
i would think the sub would be fine... if its not you can always send it back.... or call and ask...

Silver Member

Post Number: 492
thanks much

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3642
if the spyder is cracking and stuff then yeah that sub will be useless soon without a recone. and jl doesnt recone subs last i heard. you cant use it without the spyder becasue its what keeps control over the sub. its probly dried out from heat more so then age

Silver Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 176
Someone is selling 2 15 W3's on ebay right now...In the description it says he shattered windows with them......

Silver Member

Post Number: 494
Thats why I am not sure if I should buy because I feel they are full of it. Plus they have little feedback.

Thanks again!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us