Help. amp, sub, not working.

Username: Explictx

Post Number: 4
I unhooked my amp and sub last night because my car battery died and i was getting a jump. Now today i go to hook everything back up and when i plugged in the RCA cables to my amp my subwoofer thumped but i didn't pay any attention to it. and when i went to play some music to make sure everything worked it nothin played from the sub. i looked and the power light was on not the protection so im not sure whats wrong. i checked the fuse conected to the battery. i checked the fuses on the amp. they're all find. anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 326
Is it even making any noise at all when music plays (your sub), or is it actually doing nothing?

Username: Explictx

Post Number: 7
its doing nothing at all, i think i know what the problem is now. I relocated my amp so i had to move the ground wire so i think that might be a problem. it might be a bad place. But wouldnt the protection light come on if its only the ground wire?

Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 7
im not sure about that but you said you checked the fuses on your amp but how about on the power cable? you might have actually shorted out the amp somehow if maybe the ground touched elsewhere (metal part) of the amp im not too sure but my buddy did something to his when he unhooked it and actually blew his amps input section hope thats not your case!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us