Visonik subs any good?

musclestang98
I seen these subs for the first time yesterday they look like pretty dang good subs for the money! I have 2 10" rockfords being pushed by a lightning audio strike 300 watt amp at 150w x 2 ohms I was wondering if I bought one 12" and bridged the amp to 300w x 1 at 4ohms would this hit harder than my 2 10's or would 2 12's hit better at 150 x 2? I know im asking for a lot here.. Im just not sure what my amp would push the best. Thanks to all!!!

zarathustra
One thing that ive always found is that having too much power is better than not enought, I used to have a MTX 2300 amp on two jl 10W1's in a small sealed truck box. never hurt the subs which are only rated at 150watts or so each. Also, That MTX 2300 amp was measured by ken c Pohlman in Car Stereo review several years ago at 842 watts into 2 ohms bridged with a 14.4V powersupply.. just my experience, and 2 cents, Too much power is always better because you get cleaner sound. I have been out of the sound scence for a while, but thats one thing that i think probably still stands.

Good luck..

also keep in mind that every time you double the number of subs you get a 3 db increase in spl. And you have to double the wattage to get the same effect... There are so many factors, including the sensitivity of the subs and the enclosure theyre in.. two twelves might be louder, and probably have a lower -3db cutoff, so they'll hit lower in the frequency range. id bet the two tens would still sound cleaner, depends again on your preferences, if you want hard hitting bass, eg heavy metal, kick drums, or low rumbling bass, eg bass cd's and or organ tones ect.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us