New Front Stage

Bronze Member
Username: Whitewidow

IL

Post Number: 36
Definitely time for me to work on my front stage a bit now. I have a 96 blazer and I'm pretty sure it holds 4x6 in the dash and 6.5 in the doors, but I've got some mixed answers so not positive on that...
Budget about 200 or so (can be more if worth it). Currently, I have some coaxials that don't sound too shabby...except for when bass hits and they make a sound like a hamster being donkey-punched. So as you can tell I'm in definite need for something new.

Is there any point in having speakers in the dash as well as the doors? Right now I can't even hear the speakers in the doors cause the dash ones are so loud. I was thinking maybe just put some nice 6.5 in the door and a decent amp and leave it at that? Not sure what to do so any input you guys have is greatly appreciated.

btw current set-up is pioneer premier 860 with 1 15" mag sealed.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 718
You're correct on the speaker sizes. Ditch the 4x6s and just get a nice set of 6.5" components for your doors, and a 2 channel amp for them.

Bronze Member

IL

Post Number: 37
Any suggestions for a $200 budget or so...give or take?

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1478
i would try something a little different since you can do it with the HU. HPF the dash speaker to only play say 315hz and above and get some 6.5 midbass drivers in the door and run them at like 250hz and down. It would be sort of a 3way component setup. Your coaxs should do well enough for the mid/highs and not distort and the midbass driver will do well. If you're intersted in some good midbass drivers, PM me.

Bronze Member

IL

Post Number: 39
The HPF on the premier860 doesn't go up that high...I don't think anyway. I like the idea though but not sure how I would set it up..any suggestions? Also what would be a good midbass and amp combo for only 200 give or take? Would like to get this set-up asap so any advice greatly appreciated =)

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1486
that was just a suggestion but if it can cross them at 125hz that will do also.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3663
yeah you can do that with the 860 look in the manual it tells you how

Bronze Member

IL

Post Number: 40
Don't have the manual..I don't think anyway..would anyone be able to fill me in? Does the HPF apply to dash speakers (not hooked up through the rca preouts)?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3668
on the side of the unit when you pull it out there is a little switch on the left side move it and it will make your front pre outs high pass and the rear pre outs midbass and your sub will stay the same then when you use the right knob and go to audio you can change the crossover frequencys.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3669
by the way if you look on pioneers website you can get the manual in PDF form
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us