Finally box pics/A.Q. 15 blowthru

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 164
finally got done,for a test fit and listen anyways,its LOUD! Definatly livin louder!!!

Upload

Silver Member

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 165
more picsUpload

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 , VR1000D 15= overcomp...

Post Number: 1850
clean up them wires and u will be straight, also ur gunna seal it off right?

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

You aint bangin unless..., Il

Post Number: 1180
thats nice.... bet its loud o and def. seal it off.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 123
Looks good. What amp are you using with the AQ..Is it the same amp you were running the L5

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 10813
that is tight. i like it.

Silver Member

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 167
ya im gonna seal it off nice and make a panel for the back wall.the wires are just gonna be ran thru the port,that was the easiest and it dont look THAT bad.all other wires will be hid when i mount the amp.KX600. its just laying behind the seat for now ,but its bangin HARD!!Got to be the best sub for the money.and Malik,it is the same amp that was on the L5.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

You aint bangin unless..., Il

Post Number: 1184
man just cut 2 little holes in the back of the box and run wires through them... then use silicon to seal the box. thats what i do and it looks good.

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 356
looks good bro

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1604
probably should have made the hole big enough for the sub to fit in and to where you could mount part of the box inside, but other than that it looks good. I guess I'm just used to seeing professionally done blowthroughs

Silver Member

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 168
well thanks for the comments guys,I just got back from wangin in the walmart parking lot for about an hour to get a feel for this sub.I built the box exactly like they called for 4cu afte displacment tuned to 40hz,port 4"by 16.25tall by 16 long and boy does it NOT peak spl at 40hz.It hits wayyyyy lowwww.must be the truck bringin the tunin down.playin test tones ,by ear,it feels like at about 28 hz is the loudest.maybe high 130s.I almost made the port longer for lower tuning in the initil build,Glad I didnt.as it is ,spl seems to start roling off at about38-40hz.That 8"by 16" opening beside the sub is just a bit tunnel to bring the bass from the port(which runs behind the sub and fires to the side)into the cab.So far the AQ 2.5 is an excellent clean sounding subwith some mean lows.cant imagine how low yall guys tuned to 30-35hz sounds.I say this sub is a buy buy buy on abudget single set up or go like trell and get 2.This sub must be GREATLY underrated at 500wts.I got 689 rms (kx600.1) on it and it seems like it could take more.I love it!now just to carpet the back wall and mount the amp and I ll be good(for now)lol

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3924
the resonating chamber probably lowers your tune some. believe it or not there is math behind the resonating chamber which i do not know but it can be beneficial (as it seems to be in your case). glad you like it 8)

Silver Member

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 175
doors and windshield are flexin about 1/4 inch when sealed up at 30 hz.window about 1/2 down doors flex bout half inch at the top.lovin it

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 127
Thats good to hear...I will get a pair of them in a few weeks

Bronze Member
Username: Dj_007

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 64
looks cool.. iv always wantd to do somethign like that.. oh yeah dont use silicone in a box as the fumes will eat the surround.. use hot glue work freockin awesome..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us