12" Q owners

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 230
Im think about buyin a 12" Q and was wonderin if ne one else here has one. If so, what are you powering it with? And what enclosure you usin?

Im gonna be powering it with a PRD1000.1 and I was thinkin 2.5 @28hz or maybe 30hz. Also lookin for enclosure plans as well. Any help is appreciated. Thanx

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1838
Sounds like a good set up. I think 2.5 @ 30hz would be great. I had one in 2.8 @ 35hz and it was awesome, but I would tune it lower because I like SQ.

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 231
How did you come up with your enclosure plans?

I was gonna use this.
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1841
I thought them up. Made a trapazoidal shaped box with a flared percision port. I just used a port length calculator to figure out how long I need to make it.

That website is great though.

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 275
i have a 12" Q in a 2.5 cu.ft tuned at 40hz (way to high)...also i threw it in a 4.0 cu.ft box tuned to 35hz that i had laying around the garage and it got pretty loud..its a nice sub but im selling mine..190 plus shipping

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 233
Why you sellin?

Silver Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 334
My firend has a 12" Q. running off a Hifonics Bx1601D. The box is 2.2 cuft tuned to 32 hz and it sounds really nice and gets very loud for one 12". its only getting 1000 watts off the amp also if you wanted to know

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 234
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=26&Eh=15.5&Dia=6&Xmax=27&V d=.16&NumW=1&Vb=2.5&Fb=31&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=1.5

This is what im thinkin of buildin

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 275
if u had 2 fi q subs how many sq ft shoudl it be 5 cuz its sais 2.3 on the website for each, so anyone know thanx, and i was thinkin about the box being tuned to about 30 - 35. i like to listen to rap so would that be good, sry for buttin in this convo

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 276
meant 2.5 for each sry

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 282
?

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 278
2.5 for each would be good...thats actually wat Scott Atwell recommended to me for my 12" Q

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 286
so add them together and that makes 5 is thta write? or is that allot for a pontiac grand prix cuz everytime i try to do it pon the website to figure it out it will give me liek 27 in deep and that mght be too big but i aint sure i have to messure but thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 93
You can talk directly to FI at their forum on http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us