Need Educated Advice on Audiobahn Subs

I currently own a Audiobahn A1500HCT amp, but am wondering if I should go with the decision to buy Audiobahn subs as well. I know for a fact that Audiobahn makes quality amps that push atleast what they are rated, but I need some more educated opinions on their subs - I''ve researched them online for a couple of days now, and I've drawn these general conclusions from a crapload of people :

1. Building the proper enclosure following specs is extremely important

2. Most of the models can't take nearly the amount of power they are rated for unless they are in a very small sealed enclosure that isn't big enough to hit the lowest of frequencies

3. In general, Audiobahn subs have excellant db w/ just average SQ, with the exception of the ALUM series

4. Older model years tended to quite commonly be manufactured defectively or crappily, but construction and quality has now gone way up

5. They deliver an excellant "bang for the buck"

5. Most people say (if they didn't have a problem w/ the subs working right) that their Audiobahns were louder than anything they had ever heard or owned before - including JL, Rockford, Pioneer, MTX, etc.

Should I invest in Audiobahn subs?

Kazper
i had two pioneer impp 12" subs running off of my rockford fosgate 400s. i ditched those and bought 2 audiobahn a1008q 10" flame subs from cardiscountstereos.com (only $99 each!!) and stuck them on my puny punch 400s and they rip! I have mine inverted (reverse polarity) and the guy who did my system has been doing it for years and he says its unreal for them to sound that good on just 400 watts. so i am extremely satisfied with mine, and i bet you would be too.

Envious
I have the JBL 1200.1 with a pair of AW1200Q and they hit hard,my vision blurs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us