HELP!!!!!!! MTX 81000D / SHOULD I RUN 2 12"ALPINE R'S (SEALED) OR 1 12 KICKER L5 OR L7 PORTED

PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE WHAT TO DO. I HAVE THE ALPINE R'S IN A SEALED BOX WHEN YOU OPEN THE BACK SEAT OF MY 2003 IMPALA. THEY FIRE FORWARD. I KNOW THEY WOULD HIT HARDER FIRING BACKWARD, BUT I DON'T LIKE ALL THE TRUNK RATTLE AND WITH THE SEALED BOX(2.0 CUBIC FEET) I STILL HAVE ALMOST MY WHOLE TRUNK. I CAN BUILD A 2.5 CUBIC FOOT PORTED BOX FIRING RIGHT IN BEHIND THE BACK SEAT FOR THE KICKER AND NOT LOOSE ANY TRUNK SPACE. PLUS ALL THE PRESSURE WILL STILL BE IN THE CABIN OF THE CAR. THE ALPINES SOUND GREAT BUT LACK THE SERIOUS DEEP BASS BEING IN A SEALED BOX FIRING FORWARD. I WAS THINKING THE ONLY SOLUTION WOULD BE TO BUILD A PORTED BOX. I HAVE AN MTX 81000D RUNNING IT ALL (2OHM STABLE). HELP ME FIND A LOUDER SUB(ONE SUB VERSUS HAVING TWO) IN A 2.5 CF BOX THAT WILL WORK SUFFIECIENTLY WITH 1200 WATTS. THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS.

Anonymous
Look at the JL audio Sub. This might cost you a pretty penny but it only takes one. I think it is the W7

I am running two infinity perfects 12.1's off an 81000D. They hit the deep notes really well. I scored mine off of http://mmxpress.com/infinity/perfect.htm They won't set you back nearly as much as the W7.

Anonymous
ebay.com and do a search for aw1208T

Note that by negotiating with some of the guys selling and you can get discounts.

like for my mtx 81000D 1501D 2k3 version, I got them both brandnew in box for only 600USD shipped to my and the guys had listed them on ebay for buy it now about 350 + s&h so I saved about 50bucks just emailing and negotiating on combined shipments and asking if they could reduce the prices a bit.

Dude, get Audio bhan on ebay for up to 50% off at site above. Since your a bass hungry man like me then go all the 9yards and get those

AW1208T subs. These monster subs hit at 1500RMS equal to the exact max output by your 81000D amp without blowing and thats just per sub.

a single sub in that class is 1500rms/3000max and 2 usbs = 3000rms/6000max and you would need atleast 1mtx amp per sub believe me else you would not get as loud.

JL is too expensive and lakes that high deep quality sound like higher wattage mtx subs. I have just one of those subs in my car now and am telling you I OUT THOMP and OUT HIT any subs out there. ppl turn on their audio while mine is on and look over feeling their subs hit hard and little do they know that I only had it on lowest. I then shut them up fast by turning my EBC control up and an earth-quake of right about magnitude 5.0 rocks the whole block and ppl just keep turning even blocks away b4 I get there wondering where the bomb is firinf from.

Basically your whole car becomes the woofer box believe me and am not exagerating and chicks in your car would love the nice viberating massage one all the sits from the subs ;)

for more info and deals e-mail me at babatundeadegbile@hotmail.com

BT

If i was you get a solo baric L7 in a ported box. The L7s are best in a ported box. I got a 15 L7 solo baric in a 3.5 cu ft box i use to have an audiobahn 1200.1 D amp hooked to it and it hit really hard. The only thing about the solo barics is you got to adjust the amp almost perfect like listening for distortion because i use to always burn the voice coils in a week. Get a L7 put it in a ported box set your amp with the bass gain all the way down it will still hit. The L7s sound the best in a 4.5 cu ft box. It was recommended to me. Also they can handle a lot of power more than their 2000 watt rating not more than 2500 i would recommend to be on the safe side. If you like low bass get a slot ported box if high put in a sealed.

Anonymous
1. Dont waste your money on JL. GOod sh*t but too much $$. Plus you need the JL box to make it sound good which will take up like all of your trunk
2. I have 2-12" L7's with that 81000D. I know for a fact that I hit harder than any MTX subs. MTX is coming out with a 9000 series and even those are questionable.
3. For a decent price you can get some L7's, Punch HX2, Or you can even try your Alpine Type-R's but that might be too much for them.
4. Personally, with that amp I would go L7's just from experience. good luck.

Anonymous
adire audio brahma subs this subs destroy sheetmetal not windshields way better than anything out there.look for RF 500m's (bridged 2 amps together=hearing loss) or u.s amps vlx440(pushes 2000 watts rms easy)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us