Which way on a sub box

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 249
would it be better to get a box built for the fi bl's where the subs are faced up towards the trunk or faced regular towards like where u can see them when u open the trunk?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9232
it depends on the car, but in a trunk normally they both sound good. what type of car is it?

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 250
its a 1997 grand prix 2 door, soo it woulldn't sound any different ure saying?

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9244
do you have it vented into the cabin any way? test it out both ways and see which sounds better.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 251
no i aint got the subs anboc yet i am just wondering cuz i might need one of you guys on here to make me a box and i wannna find out what would sound better and yes i do want the box ported but i dunno who would make the box and how i would get it i live in burlington wi

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9245
I am sure you can find someone to build you one. Logan might do it. I don't know if Alex is still building boxes or not either. Just get one that will fit both ways facing up and facing back and once you get it do some tests to figure out which way you like better.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 253
ok sounds good, i wounder if logan would make box but do u have any idea how i would get it from him like would i have to ship the money or wut? and i dont have and idea what i want for a box all i know is i had 2 kicker comps in a slot port box and it sounded nice and deep, so maybe he can just make one that will sound good for those subs cuz im sure he would ask what do i want it to be like the size i will messure my trunk then let someone know but i dunno how he would build it everyone does different

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9248
yes he will ask what car you have, your maximum dimensions, what subs you have , ect...

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9249
do ypou have any local shops near by? that might be cheaper then paying someone to build it and paying shipping.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 254
well i have only seen one and it was very small but ill check it out sometime but i want something different than every box u see on ebay like there all the same slot boxes i had with the kickers and i thought maybe gettin the same one but dont those subs need a certain cu ft for port area or would one of those 12 inch slot boxes on ebay work good

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9253
stay away from poorly made pre-fabbed boxes.(ebay boxes)

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 255
oh but arent they the same uying a box from a local shop? they dont lok anyhting diferent lol

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9262
they look the same but if you look inside its build quality thats different. Most of those pre fabbed boxes use particle board or 5/8in mdf not 3/4. They use crappy glue and stables not good screws, they don't silicone anything where a good box builder will. They use no bracing when it is needed either.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 256
ohh now i see what ure saying .. well my mom 's ex boy friend is from colorado and he and 2 friend had some shop he said and he puts all his stuff in his gmc jimmy he had the alpine type r's and i dont know what kind of amp, but he was makeing me a box last summer for my b-day just and extra present and we got it all done except for the cuttout holes for speakers and port , but we used some kind of white stuff that sealed holes , and he used braceing to but i didnt know what it was for but i have learned allot since then , so i stil have it and all but i dont think it would be deep enough for 2 fi bl's they wil fit just fine but i dont see how it will be sounding good cuz everyone i see on here has big and deep boxes

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9266
ported boxes tend to be larger then sealed boxes which is what most people on here run. If you listen to a lot of rap then ported is good but if you like pop, rock , and metal then sealed is the way. FI BL's are meant for ported enclosures only so unless you are getting a ported enclosure I wouldn't run them. The white stuff you used was prob silicone, which is good. It sounds like he knew what he was doing.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 263
no i lik erap i dont realy to rock at all, mostly rap so yea then they shoudl work out good? yea hes was 46 years old and he said he did have his own shop in colorado but, he said he has installed many cars with systmes but yea he seemed liek he knew what he was doing , but then he moved back to colorado for soem reason witch sucked cuz he could help me with allot but w/e ill find a box , .. i just have a ? do ui knwo like whne some ppl's systems when the bas hits it all sounds liek its is continuous and not clear, i hope the bl's arent like that but im sure they arent , i was just wondering if they were

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9307
no they are nice subs and have pretty good SQ. Ported is the way to go for you.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 265
alright then thanx james

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9326
no problem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums