Just Got Shocked!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Mrwebb

Post Number: 27
My Memphis 1000d has been giving me issues..i unhooked the speakers today because when they are plugged into the amp, the fuses automatically blow. i touched the positive wire with my hand from one of the speaker wires running from the amp and was shocked! is there a problem with my amp because the the fuses do not blow when the speakers are disconnected???

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1213
Try hooking up different speakers to the amp and see what happens.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1818
When you are working, always unhook the negative battery post.. or whatever you call it.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 638
It is normal to get shocked if you touch the speakers terminals when the amp is producing a lot of current. Be careful, large amplifiers can produce enough current to do some damage.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
so could the speakers be blown instead of the amp since the amp is staying on when no speakers are connected to it?

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 648
Sounds like the speakers were connected wrong. Or else it's a problem with the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 387
i got shocked by our old ss6500 it hurt...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Is it safe to say that its my subs that are blown and not my amp..i took the subs out and hooked them up to my house stereo to see if any sound was coming thru and after 10 seconds they started frying my stereo unit....

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 698
The only way to tell is to try the subs on a different amp. You can't hook them up to a home stereo, the ohm load will be too low, and yes that can damage your stereo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us