Biamp'd crossovers

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1657
If i was to buy 2 4ch. amps and use one to power my mids and the other for the highs.... What type of power would i need for each? The A\D\S cs346's say about 120rms i think so would that divide evenly between the tweeter and the midrange or does the crossover add more resistance to the tweeter so that the midrange takes more power? I was thinking about getting 2 4ch 125rms@4ohmx4 amps but i dont want the tweeters taking a cr@p in my ear ...and what would be better to do... use one amp for highs and one for mids.... or use one amp for front\one for back... like put the A channels to the mids and the B channels to the highs? Im looking for complete SQ i want to get every range of music as possible. I will have the subs for the lows and some 8" subs for the lower end midrange notes that the components dont pick up to good.. and ideas on that?

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1661
^bump

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10725
if you bi amp the speakers, it will get power according to how much amp will give them. you can control the level by adjusting the gain accordingly.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1188
He was asking that if he hooked his amp to a crossover does the crossover split the power evenly to his mid a and his tweeter.Example:He has a 140 Watt RMS output on the channel of his amp going into his crossover,he's asking if the power will divide evenly to the mid and tweeter(70watts a piece).I think you missed that part Chad.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10726
yeah but bi amp means to power the mid and the tweeters separately.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1193
I'm just gonna sit out of this one lol.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

You aint bangin unless..., Il

Post Number: 1141
yes im pretty sure the mids get 1/2 the power and the tweets get 1/2 the power.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10730
bi amp the damn thing so you can control how much power the mids and tweets get separately.

btw i really don't like to bi amp with the xover they give you. if you want better sq then go with an active xover.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3504
no it doesnt split the power in half to tweet half to midbass driver.

and it is dumb, if you ask me to bi amp a set with passive x-overs unless they are like the high end rainbows with alot of tuning options

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1663
well to begin with i was planning on bi amping them so i can give them seperate amounts of power and different freq. ranges so i wont get any uncalled for notes out of the wrong speakers i will be putting some eqs. in the setup as well

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2094
Lol, thats what the crossover does.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3520
yup

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1669
yea i know that but the thing is it isnt the cleanest like that, the tweeters distort before the mids, if i disconnect the tweeters i can run an extra 40rms to the mids and they still sound clean and this way i have extra filters as well, if i play a 20hz test tone with volume all the way up my tweeters crackle a little bit its sorta annoying.. basically i want to be able to customize EVERY SINGLE TINY SPEC of my power to each and every speaker.

I was thinking a 50rmsx4@4ohms for the tweeters and a 100rmsx4@4ohms for the mids and a eq, line drivers, ect. Once my sub side of the setup is done im going to drop about 2-3K on my mid\high range so i will have better speakers then but i want to get all the plans ready and out of all i thought of this sounds the best... IMO

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3529
you cant tweak every little thing with a passive crossover!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us