Some random questions--install

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3917
alrite well tomorrow or the next day i should be making my appointment for getting my stuff installed...well besides the, what all do you need installed question, what other questions should i prepare myself for?

ive never had a system so this whole install thing is new to me...

some questions i was thinking they would ask would include:
where to mount the tweeters?
where to mount the crossovers?
and thats all i just thought of lol

A.) what should my answers be for these questions?
and
B.) what other questions shuold i think about?
and finally
C.) i want a switch which cuts the sub/amp off and on for when my dad drives my car...if i explin it to them just like how i explained there, would they know what im talking about?

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 503
making an appointment ? come on yanks DIY lol

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2080
mount the tweeters on the a pillars pointing toward the windshield.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 558
i understand you 100% yanks, my dad made me have my system installed by a store as well....overbearing dads FTMFL

ok but onto the point, the guys did a shitty job on mine so make sure to double check all connections and so forth when there done with your install. what your looking for to cut off the power is called a TAGO SWITCH it just essentially cuts the power to the amp off and on.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4505
Dont mount the tweets at first.

Put some double stick tape on the back of them and move them around until you find a good location.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 757
For the switch to turn the amp on and off just tell them to put a switch on the remote wire.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3918
alrite thanks guys...
and joe, i would love to do it myself but my dad just wont let me...he said "if your gonna spend this much money on this stuff, atleast get it installed by a pro. also, if they mess up, we can yell at them, but if we mess up, we cant yell at anyone" lol

canaan, shuold i tell them to mount the tweeters with the velcro or what?

and anything else you gyus can think of that i may need to answer? im not the quickest thinker on my feet so i dont want them to ask me a question and then give them an answer that just pops into my head lol

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 344
its a toggle switch not a tago

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 347
ask them about wire size and make sure tey use big enough and make them do the big3 if u havent already dont let them mount the amp on the box ether

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3920
i got the wiring and all for them...knukoncpetz 4 gauge wire...im not gonna do the big three cause im getting a new car soon, this is just all temporary.

honestly, i know nothing about install pretty much...this is gonna sound silly coming from a guy with nearly 4k posts but, amp kit, has all the wiring and what not to hook up the amp right? theres nothing their gonna try to talk me into getting claiming i MUST get one...right?
go ahead and laugh if you want, its cool lol, just wanna get everything straight and in order before i go

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 350
they might try and get u to buy some of their equiptment or what ever if u have everything just take it up there and say install no questions asked like i said dont let them put the amp on the box vibration from the box can damage an amp

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3921
yea ill make sure to tell them that...thanks bud

anyone got anything else to add?

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 762
Do you have speaker wire to go from the amp to sub?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3499
dont put the xovers in the door.

like canaan said, dont permantly mount the tweets, play around with where you like them.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3922
the speaker wire came with the knukonceptz 4 guage wiring kit i believe...

where would you reccomend putting the crossovers mat?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3500
either in the door pannel pockets or back by the amps or something

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3923
alrite, i was thinking either in the doors or in the pockets...ima go with the pockets tho since you say no doors...thanks

anyone got anything else for me?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3926
bump for suggestions or things to look out for...

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 629
You're in VA, correct?

If you wanted to drive a few hours to the Philly PA area I'd show you how to install your stuff.

But if you're gonna get a shop to do it, find out what kind of reputation the shop has first. I've seen a few bad installs done by shops....

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3927
yea dude, im in northern VA about 30 minutes south from DC...i would definitly say i would drive to philly to do it but my dad is all about me not doing it...sorry but thanks for the offer

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1659
yanks, i dont think any dealer will even cover the install if anything went wrong if you didnt purchase the equiptment from them.. atleast these b!tchs around me are like that.... i tryed to have them do somthing with a amp i had.. they are a authorized dealer of it to!!! they said they cant touch it cuz i didnt buy it from them... made me want to report it to earthquake but ehh fu<k em let em loose the easy money... i just wanted him to double check my connections and all...

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

You aint wangin till y...

Post Number: 1042
tago switches FTMFW!

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1662
i got one of those..... 1 switch kills all my sound... and my HU stays on :-) im to lazy to run more remote wires for each amp... ill do that once i get my DD's ready for install :-)

Very easy to install

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

You aint bangin unless..., Il

Post Number: 1151
lol killa instead of a switch.... ever think of using the mute/att button just a thought

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3931
yea i was thinking about that killa...doubt my dad will let me do it tho even knowing that...its kinda lame having someon else do it but whatever, i just wanna hear it finally

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3933
bump

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3517
if you turn the HU off and you have the amps on the HUs REM the amps will turn off the car doesnt have to be off FYI

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 849
so wait u have 4000 posts ? and dont know these things ... wow

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3936
^^lol yea thats right...

gotta remember, i havent ever had a system in my car, i just got intoo car audio about 9 months ago, and i dont even pay attention to my posts...

ive never said i know more than someone else because id say 9 out of 10 people here know more than me...

but go ahead and rip on me, i wont care...

Bronze Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 57
what kind of car is it going into and you already have a box or are they building you one? what kind of sub(s) are being put into it?

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1672
tip....... if you ever mount the sub..................... WATCH THE SCREWDRIVER\DRILL TIP they like to slip into the combing when you think your doing a nice job..... and it pisses you off like crazy.... it seemed like that only happened when i was still new at it tho...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3937
jesse,
already made the box...
Pioneer 7800 HU
12" Fi SSD w/ flatwind coil
Hifonics Brutus BXI1206D Amp
2.1 cuft ported box tuned to 33hz
Crystal Cpe 60s 6.5" Component with 1" Silk Tweeter
Profile AP600 Amp