Faceplate relocation for Eclipse CD8053

Username: Tweek

Port Orchard, Washington Kitsap

Post Number: 1
I am in the process of a new and hopefuly possable feet of relocating the face plate of an Eclipse CD8053 that I purchaced from an employee at my audio shop for $50! Yes, it works perectly. She had it instaled in her car for about 9 months when her boyfreind had an Alpine installed instead.
I am just wondering if anyone has tried to relocate the face plate from an Eclipse before. It shouldn't be too hard, as long as I take my time and visit the computer parts store alot.
Feedback would be very helpful.
Thank you, and crank it up!

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 600
Do you mean you want to make your own cable that would allow you to mount the faceplate somewhere and the unit somewhere else? If so that's an interesting idea, but I can't be of any help since I've never seen anyone do that before.

One question though, what is the reason for doing this?

Username: Tweek

Port Orchard, Washington Kitsap

Post Number: 2
To be different!
And, if I can do it with an Eclipse, I could do ti to just about any head unit with removable or motorized faceplate.
Plus, I want to relocate to deter theft.

Does anyone know where I could find some ribbon wire with 25 contacts?

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 392
100 Foot Roll - Probably WAY more than you need.

By the Foot - .62 a foot (about half way down the page). Never shopped there but it looks like a decent deal.

You can also search ebay for "25 Conductor Ribbon Cable", should give you a few different sellers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us