OT: electircal upgrades...

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 861
ok i was always planning on upgrading my electrical but i might have a orion 2500d coming in a lil sooner than i expected so what do i need to run it
??? right now i have a stock 140a alt and battery..no big 3 and 4g wire....would i be ok running it at 3.4ohms for now on that charging system untill i upgrade (its rated 1200rms @ 4ohms)???? soon i will be getting 1/0g wire, big 3, new alt my second question here is a good old irragi vs. nathan....idk what to get??? i can get a 300a alt for about $350 from irragi and its way more at nathans....i know nothing about alts so if someone could give me some insight there that would be greratley appreciated!!! thanks!!!

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 591
You should be ok with 1200 watts on that setup.

Iraggi alts FTW. There have been several people on here who had problems with EA alts. And when you're choosing an alternator, don't forget to look at the idle amps rating.

Silver Member

Post Number: 864
ya i was wondering that?????? would i be better off getting the most amps at idle or the most peak???

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 594
For a 2500 watt system I would choose a 260 amp alt if it has more idle amps than the 300.

Silver Member

Post Number: 866
i also kind of want to run my stock battery still....would that be ok with the 260a alt??? im going to upgrade sooner or later but i have been dropping $$$$ left and right lately on this system and i just need some time to recover some funds...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1178
You'll be fine on a stock battery as long as your alternator is strong enough.I always tell people to stay away from Excessive Amperage alternators because they lack build quality and reliability,just yesterday I was told of ANOTHER Excessive Amperage that didn't put out what it was supposed to and was having problems with it,it was a 200Amp rated alternator only putting out 150Amps,sounds like an Excessive Amperage alternator to me...I would never buy from them because they make garbage alts at times,sure you may get a good one from them but it's a hit or miss type of deal with those guys.Buy an Iraggi alternator and even if you do have problems(Which isn't likely)Dominick has great customer service and is very helpful.I've never heard of problems with any Iraggi alternators and I use one myself and it's pretty solid.

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 607
^^^^^ Agreed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 872
hey i can get a 300a alt with 100a at idle or a 240a alt with 135a at idle?????what would be best????

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 346
if nathan is so bad why is some of the top competitors running his alts? iraggi and excessive use the same parts company roe is selling them i have one it it works great anyone on here actually have one besides me dont flame em until u try em and all the people that might have had problems have they ever talked to nate about it cuz i know him personally and he wouldnt let that happen to someone like that

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 698
iraggi ftw

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1186
Well, I have heard of a few people on here saying they talked to Nate and they said he's an azzhole.I can flame him all I want lol.Just like you can flame me for saying what I just did.I've heard just as many bad things about EA alts as I heard good.

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 349
rob have u ever talked to nate personally hes not an azzhole at all he even does all our shipping for us so we get a business discount hes not the kind of person that is an azzhole

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 355
im not going to argue about nate on here no more everyone on here seems to have went antiEA in the last 6 months

Silver Member

Post Number: 877
k so.........300a alt with 100a at idle or a 240a alt with 135a at idle?????what would be best????

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 624
Between those two get the 300 amp. 240 ain't enough for 2500 watts.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

CashMoney, 15 Hd3 USA

Post Number: 986
u only need the 240, and its got stronger idle

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2133
I got a 260 with 160 idle. why is the 240 only 135 idle...... Is this iraggi or EA? and make sure to get the amputator, the good one.

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 631
Berny, I think they are different for different cars. But yeah, definetly get the amputator series.

A 260 amp alt would be enough and would prob. have more idle amps, but if you can't get that, get the 300.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2134
yeah I know their for different cars, but dang thats a bigg difference. I mean, If i got a 240alt I would have 170ish at idle. Yet he can get a 240 and it has way less idle than my 260. Its just so sad.

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 634
You have a Yukon right? GM ftw. Their parts are always cheaper, and it seems that the same goes for HO alts.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2136
yes gm ftw =). and it was surprising to see that the alt was cheaper as well. I have no idea why but I could care less.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us