New Setup Plan, Watcha think????? :-) or :-(

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2197
Ok im gonna get a new setup hopefully with in a month, do u think it would be fu*kin retarded to put 2 18" Qs in a wall on a back seat if i put the seats down?? Powered probably by a Ma Audio Hk4000d @ 2ohms?? If this setup in a low tuned box doesnt give me my fu*kin hair trickz i will be pissed!!!

And what would u tune it to to do sum hair trix?? Thanx guyz.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1788

quote:

do u think it would be fu*kin retarded to put 2 18" Qs in a wall on a back seat if i put the seats down?? Powered probably by a Ma Audio Hk4000d @ 2ohms??

This is a car audio forum. NO, none of us are going to think that is retarded =) I like the idea.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 411
I know you'll get props on the subs, I doubt many will like your amp choice. What's your budget for the amp anyway?

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2198
I can get that amp for about $499 cheapest way to at least get 3000rms.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2111
Don't know about the amp. is it 3000rms at 14.4 volts? sounds likely. Another cheap alternative is the massive audio p3000.1

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2199
Actually ive heard quite a bit of reviews on this amp, so far best way to get most power out, and if i Have a REALLY good charging system i heard u can mod these amps and get over 4000 rms off this amp.

What other sub(s) would u guys suggest to get?? Solo x?? I heard those blow easy but they r hella hella loud

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2112
You should be able to answer your own Question :P. You've been around long enough.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2200
lol i dont have a question, im asking for opinions

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2113
well I saw the question mark so I instantly thought "question". But yeah. I think deep down you know what subwoofer you want. I'm not going to give my opinion because I haven't heard much. Alot is word by mouth.

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

Post Number: 348
Love the subs, as I am having an SSD come to me soon, but like other guys say, the amp could be better.

...kinda like my situation, and a8002v.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1611
hair tricks = 140DB + with one window down.... lotta hair flying lol... im sure you can do it with that setup.. i was able to do it with 2 power acoustic mofo 12's on 3Krms in a SUV btw..

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1150
The solo x doesn't blow easily.They just blow when they are over powered.They move lots of air as well but that also depends on cone area.My Solo X 18 pushes air pretty nicely but I'm not walled and it's a large cabin so I won't be doing any hair tricks.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

CashMoney, 15 Hd3 USA

Post Number: 982
be a man wait for 18s hd3s 2 of them will not only blow hair they'll blow ur puubic hair ha kinda sick but true.

Gold Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1019
solo x ftl fi Q ftw

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2201
Kool i appreciate the input from everyone, now just asking for OPINIONS how big would u do the enclosure and tuned to what with how many sqin of port for sum cr@zy azz hair tricks, thanx. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Imortal Box Building

Post Number: 6243
solo x is loud..

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1196
B.I.G.G.S. do you know anything about the Solo X?"solo x ftl fi Q ftw"-That's a retarded thing to say bro.The Solo X pretty much dominated in all classes at Usaci World Finals so for you to say that, you must not know anything about the Solo X.The Solo X and Fi Q are two totally different things and have two opposite purposes.He says he wants to do hair tricks so he's best off using a SPL sub and a Fi Q is not that.The cone area on the Solo X will push plenty of air and suit his application,I have one myself and it's a loud sub.I'm only a couple DB off of my buddy's score with his 2 9915's with only my Solo X and I'm running less power.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

You aint bangin unless..., Il

Post Number: 1143
biggs always hates on kicker lol isnt that right biggs?

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1201
Well if he thinks a Solo X is bad then he needs to do some research.Like I said,Kicker holds lots of trophies and took just about every class at Usaci Kansas City World Finals.How is that little SSD doing by the way Biggs?

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

You aint bangin unless..., Il

Post Number: 1148
now i agree w/ u rob that solo x would sh!t on that little ssd but for sql that ssd smokes it cuz it sounds so much better.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1203
The Solo X actually sounds good at low volumes and hits the lows better than most subs but once I turn it up it does get a little sloppy but I could run Fi Q's and make them sound like crap in my vehicle thanks to rattling.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us