Alpine PLV-7 Review

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4236
This is a good review on this new Alpine sub system which i plan to buy in the near future for my new SUV or Hatchback. Interesting Technology!

http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0702_cae_alpine_plv_7_subwoofer/

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

You aint bangin unless..., Il

Post Number: 1114
hmmm it did good on the review.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4237
Yeah it got me excited after i read it which got me interested alot more then before.

I remember seeing it 2-3 months ago and thinking another gimmick type product. It looked really unique and advanced but i didnt think that it whould perform as well as it did according to the review. :-)

As soon as it comes on ebay i will order me one. Crutchfield is the only online dealer that has them and they want $699 for it which is just about retail.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

You aint bangin unless..., Il

Post Number: 1122
well ull have to give us ur own review

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1232
i heard one an was not impressed wit it at all..... id ont know y is sounded so wack LOL just wack not weak (but it was) n for 700$ theres alot more u can get..... i heard the PLv5 though

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1141
What do you mean by sounded wack?Was it bad sound quality or poor SPL?

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1233
LOL i was just a lil loose when i wrote that my fault..... it had poor everything it wasnt lound n the sq was all that great i dont know if it cuz it was just in a rooom but it seemed like it couldnt compete with the regular subs but i dunno i didnt like it an for the money theres more out there

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3465
agreed^^. finally heard one, in a ford escape, and was expecting more from it. the only thing going for it is it does look really nice imo. and killers' right, for $700 you can do better.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1171
So you think you can do better than that in a box of the same size and power?So the SQ was bad too?I'm just wondering...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10678
i liked it. i heard it in a shop and it sounded nice. the bass sounded very rich and clear. the low end was good too. the shop i heard it from is a jl audio/alpine dealer. they were letting that thing go for $500.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1177
Maybe because it was in a shop it sounded better but the main thing I'm looking at is it's performance and output for it's compact size,keep in mind the amplifier is built into the whole thing so...I'm just wondering if you can do what the PLV-7 does in the same dimensions for around the same price,I know we can get an amp and sub and make it louder and possibly cleaner but will it only use up the same amount of space as the PLV-7?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us