VM9511TS Help for a newb!

Username: Ohiosvt

Concord, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1
Hi all, nice site, i just joined! Im hoping someone here can help me out. I recently bought a VM9511TS and did the brake override procedure, now everytime i put in a DVD i get a screen saying something saying "this DVD is made for a unmodified Region 1 DVD" on a white screen with a map or something and it will not play any DVD's, how can i access the hidden menu without being able to stop the DVD then using the 1264 code? I did turn Macrovision ON to be able to watch burned DVD's, is this causing the issue? everything else works great excpet this feature...HELP, im pulling my hair out here!!

Bronze Member
Username: Inhumanity

Post Number: 16
The regional coding shouldn't have any effect on your playback.

I'm assuming you have your unit set to R1. If you're playing legit DVD's, then your region selection needs to match what your DVD is encoded in. I.E. Region 1 covers the US and Canada. R2 is all of Europe/UK. Double-check your DVD and region setting.

As for Macrovision, the unit will play DVD's with it on or off. This feature is used more to prevent the fading/brightening image when connecting your deck to other screens.

I rip DVD's using AnyDVD along with either DVD Shrink or CloneDVD which strip regional encoding. The DVD's work like a charm.

Try setting your region to 1 and turn Macrovision off.

The hack instructions:

1) Insert the DVD and you'll get the blue screen.

2) On the main remote, push stop twice and then 1, 2, 6, 4

3) Push the joystick on the unit SOUTH twice and then click it once.

4) Press SYS SETUP on the main remote twice to save your settings.

You may have to attempt this two or three times. It took me two times before the factory menu came up.

Good luck dude! :-)

Username: Ohiosvt

Concord, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 2
thanks but the issue is beyond that! I did the code thing, but now when i put in any DVD it says "this dvd was made for an unmodified Region 1 player" and wont play the dvd. it did work once right after the code process but now this is what i get. is there a reset switch or anything on these radios?? how do i get it back?

Bronze Member
Username: Inhumanity

Post Number: 24
Jonathan,

Sounds like the DVD you are trying to play has R.C.E. which is an enhanced form of regional protection.

If the title is a R1 title and your DVD player is R.C.E. compliant, the DVD will know you modified your players region settings.

Your easiest solution is to grab a copy of AnyDVD which will strip EVERY form of copy protection from the DVD, including R.C.E.

AnyDVD runs in your tray and will remove all copy protection on-the-fly, so when you open up DVD Shrink or whatever you use, the title has already been stripped of its protection.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us