Ascendant Audio Poly 6.5" mids

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11597
ok im tired of messing with the a/d/s comps in my gf's ride...something always happens to them...so i was looking at these...anybody heard them???

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11598
???

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 294
I have them. They sounds very good and kick the sh!t of my old alpine type-rs. I only have them off the HU too and they are the best 6.5 ive heard including my friends cars. Check out mach5's 6.5 mids too.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11599
do u no the rec rms on the poly's??

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1597
whats goin on with the A\D\S's chauncey? I have the cs346's and never have problems with them and i feed them like 200-250rms a pair off a kenwood amp..

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

You aint wangin till y...

Post Number: 982
sgdenny, do they play good highs or will a set of tweeters be needed?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3446
chauncey these speakers SQ is only so-so because they used a poly cone the notes seem to slur togather. they arnt bad for the price you pay though. im sure the a/d/s are probly nicer, what dont you like about them.

and tremor they play smoothly up to about 3kz so yes you will need a tweeter with them.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3447
on and chauncey the rms is 100 but even with people giving them 75 each they often get bad lead slap so all you have to do is shorten the tinsels

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 296
I THINK rec rms is like 20-25 to 100. And yeah I have a set of tweeters as well to help them out with the highs.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 875
Here is a review a guy did, with graphs. He is the owner and moderator of that forum.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4814&highlight=poly+mids

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11605
i guess i got a bad set or something....i am only running 100rms clean...

Silver Member

Post Number: 881
I almost bought that same set from the same dude but I went with a pair of 7" Dayton Ref's instead.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11606
how do u like them???

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

Memphis HPO 15 Wangers..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 1271
will you ever sell your amps chauncey r you just keeping them?

Silver Member

Post Number: 883
I havent got them yet. I ordered them on friday.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11607
which amps james??

and what are u gonna power them with Jesse??

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2534
http://www.zaphaudio.com/6.5test/
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4814

Gold Member

Post Number: 2535
100rms

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11610
what are u using now mikechec??

Silver Member

Post Number: 884
Right now I've only got a kx100.2...I'm gonna be getting a 4 channel with more power, here in about a month or so. I got a pair of CDT DRT-25 tweets on ebay for $50 shipped BNIB. I been waiting so long to get this system in. Now I just gotta wait for my mids and tweets, the box Logan is making for my Q's and my Alt from Iraggi, which I been waiting on since I paid him Jan. 16th...

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3460
chauncey from what i hear the dayton 7s have a little more clearer sound due to the paper cone and im pretty sure that take less power as well. they also dont play as high as the AA mid i think they only go up to either 2k or 2.5

Gold Member

Post Number: 2536
"what are u using now mikechec??"

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b301/mikechec9/systemdiagramMikechec9diyma-1.g if

Still running the DLS Iridium 1" and 3", but I moved the ir-3 to the kick panels.
Moving the 1"s to the a-pillars, and I installed the AA 6.5 in place of the IR6. I like them

I still have some extra deadening to do, but if all goes according to plan I'll be competition ready by Summer. I'll post pics as soon as everything is done and the subs are installed.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11616
how do they sound compared to the Iridiums???That was another route i was thinking about??

Gold Member

Post Number: 2537
The Iridiums sounded lighter and more punchy, likely due to the unpressed paper cone. But the AA are smoother, play lower, and have a fuller sound. I was never a fan of the IR6 for anything in the upper regions (muddy-esque). That's why I have the 3way.

The AA does a solid job of everything under 200 for sure. Right now I have it crossed at 315, but I have to deaden the doors some more in order to give a fair assessment. I'll be auditioning a pair of SEAS P17 in the next week. I'll give those a whirl and compare the three. Whatever gives me the best sound (for me) will win the permanent spot in the doors...until next year :-)

The only sure way to discover how a driver sounds is to continually compare it to other drivers. I recall in the early 90s when I used to swear that Kicker was the "best" sub of all. Then I heard a few JLs and others. The human mind tends to hold references in high regard. I.e., being able to compare one thing to another is how we define the properties of a noun. In this case, sound (which is why solitary confinement is so relatively difficult to endure. There is nothing to compare anything to when you are alone in the dark).

So, two words for the AA: full & smooth.
I wouldn't lean towards the IR6 unless it was for a 3way application.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3489
mike chec do yourself a favor and pick up a pair of rainbow soundline kicks. pretty cheap and sound great.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11625
^^^i dont like the way those look..lol

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3506
yeah i like the way the AAs look over them but the sound quality and output is amazing
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us