TC-3000, BTL, L7, DD9512g,

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Iowa

Post Number: 256
Can you guys compare sq and spl on the subs that i listed above??? I dont want pure spl and i dont want pure sq..i have 2000 wrms to feed one 12 and i need to know which one to get?? i can give it about 2.0-2.5 cu.ft in a 1991 Firebird Formula

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 433
You can ditch the L7 off the list...it would have a hard time with 2000RMS, not to mention no sound quality. I'll let others speak for the rest, cuz the L7 is all I have heard of the list.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 483
L7 is pure spl, no SQ and poor build quality.

The BTL is supposed to be an SPL sub but some people say it also has good SQ, ask Chad Lee.

DD 95 series = awsome SQL

Silver Member

Post Number: 484
x2 to what Ben said. I didn't see the 2000 watts RMS.

That amount of power would toast an L7 in no time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 485
Sorry about the TRIPLE post, I really need to read the whole thing before I post!

Anways:

That amount of space is going to be a problem. The DD 9512 needs about 3.5 cu.ft., and I don't know about the BTL but it may also be too much.

Silver Member

Iowa

Post Number: 257
a 12 needs that much??WOW...ok so scratch the L7 and the dd9512.

Lets compare the TC-3000 and the BTL..if i get the BTL it will be stock with no upgrades

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 316
btl 12- Ported box: 1.75-3cuft

i would get the btl and this for the box(great ported)

http://proboxrocks.com/chevy/83-92camaro.shtml

Silver Member

Iowa

Post Number: 258
nick how much is that box and wat are the specs on it??

Silver Member

Post Number: 493
Don't buy a prefab box. Get a box made to the specs of your sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
it is 2.25 cu ft ported and they look bad @ss in person, and they will sit in the very back of your firebird, right under the hatch

and that 1 is 180-210$ (well worth it once u see it and hear it) not really sure

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1491
nick white, you are a dumbass. You keep trying to sell these prorockboxes because your circuit city L5s came in them, but they suck. Your subs and box both blow hard. Build your own box, Cody, or get a professional like Phil Salisbury, TCAB, or TTB to do it for you. Phil has insanely reasonble prices as well as Mark Potts (TCAB).

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3836
whyd you scratch the 9512?

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
reece your a c0cksucker, i just know about those boxes i heard many many subs in them and they are good

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 491
isn't the tc-3000 more of a sound quality sub ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
and yes a custom box will be louder but for a prefab box these are my fav dont think u wont get loud with those boxes cause u will

Silver Member

Iowa

Post Number: 259
reece how can i contact those people to possibly have a box built for my firebird???

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3838
phil salisbury
http://www.woodlawncabinetry.com/

mark potts (TCAB)
http://www.thecaraudiobox.com/

TTB
http://www.teamtoxicbass.com/

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 492
www.thecaraudiobox.com

www.woodlawncabinetry.com

Silver Member

Iowa

Post Number: 260
yanks and reece which one of those is the best....and which one has the cheapest prices??

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 741
dont buy a prefab, visit the sites yanks listed above, u wont disappointed

Silver Member

Iowa

Post Number: 261
do u guys no were i can find aero ports at ??

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3839
all 3 make great boxes...theres been many a debate on here about TTB and TCAB...i have never owned/heard any of them so i cant tell you...

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Imortal Box Building

Post Number: 6191
dont buy a TTB box.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Imortal Box Building

Post Number: 6192
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&Webpage_ID=3&CAT_ID=48&ObjectGroup_ID=1 43&SO=2&CFID=5954487&CFTOKEN=23383459

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 214
hey arent all prefab square boxes made to the L7s specifications or L5s wich the only difference is the watts it can handle or am i wrong?

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1291
most prefab boxes are just made, cheaply...not really to any particular specs.
L7s are good for SPL and thats it. L5s are good for nothing basically.

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
yeah but since logically most square subs are either l5 or L7s dont you think they would be made to specs ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
bump

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1292
well...wat im sayin is most prefab boxes are just made, they don't really look at wat a subs specs are, they just make em and let ppl buy em. Now if u got a square sub box that was built by and individual or shop, then I would say thats its gunna b made to L7 specs, since thats the only square subs that are really popular.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickerandy

Vesta, MN America

Post Number: 88
omg fu*ing BUMP what the hell dose that mean, any guy who uses that gaye as*s expression is fu*ing RETARDED......raymond...........LOGAN TTB are the best

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3877
"dont buy a TTB box."

what do you base that on?

Bronze Member

Vesta, MN America

Post Number: 90
i base it on bass!! did u know what the worlds lowest herts of a ttb box is??

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 354
i think he is goin by how much it costs for a TTB box...and that it is not worth spending so much on

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 355
but if you got sum money and dont want to build ur box then you can get a very nice quality box

btw...i think i read one of mark's posts about his boxes that they are usually between 250-500 or somethin like that...just to let you know what your lookin at

Silver Member

Vesta, MN America

Post Number: 107
naww...dont listen to goodie, hes jsut tryin so sucker u into sum over paid boxes...its really not that hard to make ur own box....i did....a transmission line box for my kicker 12" comp VR, and it sounds aswome!!so just try it its worth it in the long run

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
andy your a facking retard bump is not an expression its sumething you put when the forum facks up and doesnt show that you were the last person to post

Bronze Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 38
The DD9512 works very well in 1.75-2.75 net cubes ported. The DD9515 likes 3.00-4.5 net ported

Silver Member

Iowa

Post Number: 262
so DJ the dd9512g could still be in my list then...?? So as of right now im looking at the BTL and the dd9512g!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 533
" The DD9512 works very well in 1.75-2.75 net cubes ported. "

A lot of people who know about DD subs would not agree with that, for example:

http://forum.soundpressure.com/showthread.php?t=2134

Username: Xilinxftl

Post Number: 4
L7 is weak stuff next to the other three
The 3000 has the best SQ and best lows, the other two will be louder at higher frequencies, but don't have xmax so expect distortion to set in fast when you go low/loud

In reality,
DD and BTL are SPL
L7 is weaker SPL
3k = SQL (but louder than the L7 still)

If you want SPL, get the Fi
if you want the best overall driver, get the TC
if you want to spend a lot of money, get the DD
if you want the same pos everyone else has, get the kicker

Post Number: 5
"A lot of people who like peaky frequency response would not agree with that, for example"

*fixed*

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 556
^^^^ If you're trying to say DD subs are SPL only you obivously haven't heard them in a good daily install.

You're right about the L7 though.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 406
I'll make it easy for you, Cody. Do NOT get a proboxrocks. Those ppl are shady in their dealings. Those boxes are usually made for SPL, that's why that have that indestructible armor coating bullshit. Get the TC-3000, from what I hear it's probably the best per dollar buy and request a quote for a box from TCAB... http://www.thecaraudiobox.com and mention you're from the eCoustics forum. DD is probably the best sub on that list, period, with one exception of the price tag.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 878

quote:

" The DD9512 works very well in 1.75-2.75 net cubes ported. "

A lot of people who know about DD subs would not agree with that, for example:

http://forum.soundpressure.com/showthread.php?t=2134

M.S., lets just say that DJ should know ALOT about DD.....

Silver Member

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 265
how does the TC-3000 stack up against the BTL then..?? because for price wise that is my two that im looking at?? I no the Tc3K has better SQ but is its SPL louder then the BTL??? o and buy the way im not going 2 put any options on the BTL (stock)...

Post Number: 7
BTL is louder
TC-3000 would win out only in the lowest frequencies due to the higher compliance limits

Both have about the same power handling. I have seen both coils (BTL high xmax coil) and 3k coil and they are virtually identical. Whatever the BTL can take, the 3000 can take too, trust me.

The BTL has the larger motor and about 15% more BL product given the same resistance and a bit less moving mass making it loud! If you want just pure SPL and you want to port high, go with the BTL

3k has some nice SQ features that FEW drivers have and no don't forget about that Ti cone, that thing is dead sexy irl and it can take a pounding! It's also no slouch on SPL, it weights almost 50 pounds!

I guess the BTL is louder by the amount the 3k sounds better, can't go wrong either way.

There is no right or wrong answer here, just what you think works better for you!

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11618
I didnt even think to look into this thread until now..lol

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2075
thread closed, hes getting a 12 btl not loaded

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1169
I would definately take the DD over all the rest and then I'd take the BTL after the DD.I wouldn't even think about the TC sub personally.

Username: Visitor01

Post Number: 8
i wouldnt think of any other than the tc sub... fantastic lows, fantastic price, and a quality built sub...

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1174
Wow,you'd look past DD and all of the DD sub's accomplishments?DD wins in the lanes quite a bit and as far as TC goes they aren't really on the map but that doesn't exactly mean that the TC is better or worse.

Silver Member

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 266
rob dont get me wrong...dd is saweet but for the price its to much..Im leaning on that BTL!!! But that price on that TC3k and its super low notes are looking sexy as well...?? still between those 2 subs..Someone said above that the TC3k doesnt hit the highes??? is this true?? It cant hit them at all??

Post Number: 8
BTL and 3k and DD all suffer at the highs because of the high Ls.

DD and Fi don't sepc the Ls, but TC does, but they are all HIGH.

this affects frequencies above 100 Hz. so unless you care about an extra few dB's above 100Hz, then get an SQ sub with low Le, like an LMS or Adire or JBL.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 1747
y does that andy guy post the most stupidest sh*t, he has anger problems gettin all po cause he doesnt know what bump means and posting sony explode in random places

Post Number: 9
Rob, since when do the lanes matter?
TC makes more subs than DD and they build for more companies than DD RE and Fi combine. They are on the map in a much bigger way!

The DD accomplishments are nothing more than install. Making something loud is pretty easy, but making it loud and sound good is hard.

Drop in a custom TC 4HP into any box a DD is in, and you'll get better numbers.

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 622
" Drop in a custom TC 4HP into any box a DD is in, and you'll get better numbers. "

That has gotta be the dumbest comment I've read today... Oh wait, second dumbest behind that andy werner guy posting suff about sony explodes...

Post Number: 9
"Wow,you'd look past DD and all of the DD sub's accomplishments?DD wins in the lanes quite a bit and as far as TC goes they aren't really on the map but that doesn't exactly mean that the TC is better or worse."

tc sounds is the build house for MANY very loud subs. rockford fosgate team rf, cactus sounds, t3 audio, eclipse ti and ti pro, ground zero, and several more that i could list if you would like.... tc is no stranger to the lanes, so, im not looking past dd's accomplishments in the lane, im stating that tc is just as, if not more distinguished in the lanes.
and asdf- that quote about dropping a 4hp into a dd box and being louder is the most ignorant statement i think ive ever heard...

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1208
"Rob, since when do the lanes matter? "Always.When I see TC subs winning in the lanes I'll think twice about them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
rob- you havent ever seen a t3 win? or a cactus sound sub? or a team rf win? you must live a sheltered life...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
http://www.t3audio.com/core.mdv/news.html there is a few wins for tc sounds built subs...
and...whats this?- http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=33120 more wins for a tc sounds built product, is all.
and... GASP.. more tc products- http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=52830&Season=2007&P age=1
and rob- there is more- if you need more.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1209
Lol...those subs still do not carry the TC tag on them.Just because audioque shares a DD buildhouse does not make them DD's.I thought T3 had their own specs and were just built by TC but not designed by them.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1210
I haven't seen TC subs winning is what I said or did I say something different?I never said anything about T3 or Cactus Sounds so why are you bringing them up?Are they all clones of the TC series woofers with all the same specs?Enlighten me please.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1212
"The DD accomplishments are nothing more than install. Making something loud is pretty easy, but making it loud and sound good is hard."

That's a good one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
im bringing them up because thye win, and they are tc. tc designed the top assemblies on the t3's, and the tsns's motor is nothing more than a modified 4hp motor. ground zero is a tc designed and built product, as is the ti pro (another award winning sub). the team rf was built by tc and designed by rf with tc's help. your saying you need to see a certian logo on a cone to believe it? maybe you should get out in the real world for a while. the dd is a good woofer, as is the tc. you cant discount them simply because of a logo... thats all im saying.

as far as the "dd accomplishment bieng nothing more than install" thats just foolish... dd is a very nice woofer no doubt...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1545
I'd like to jump off the damn bandwagon and try a new sub. I've never heard a TC sub or T3 or DD for that matter, I just go on here say and I'm glad someone is trying to get a couple words in edgewise for companies rather than DD, Fi, and Audioque. No offense to any of those companies. All make great woofers.

And Cody, you can't go wrong with Mark Potts or Phil Salisbury. Their prices to me were very reasonable considering what you pay locally to get a box built. Mark and Phil's quotes to me for 2 15s were both within 20 bucks of each other.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Reece- DD, FI, and Audioque all make FANTASTIC products at reasonable prices. But TC has been around a long time (1984 i believe), and have been producing some of the loudest and best sounding subs around. they are a MAJOR player in the home audio market. Go ahead and try them, you wont be dissapointed !

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1227
I need to get out to more comps because nobody ever talks about or mentioned TC until about couple months ago.I also follow USACi more than DB drag so that's a reason I'm not familiar with TC's wins so much, maybe I'll try them out and see for myself or ask around and see what people say because if they're that great for such a good price I need to get my hands on them.I've never heard one or even seen one at a comp either so I have to go by what I see or read on the internet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1555
I', not sure the TC-3000 wokluld have the SPL I like, but I know from hearsay that it murders lows.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 450
The LMS-5400 is a $1000 SPL woofer. I just can't imagine anything that size not hitting hard. The TC-5200 sounds like it can be a daily driver and and SPL woofer. If you get one of those, Rob, I can't wait to see some vids! BTW I did just get the entry TC-1000s and will put them in within next few weeks.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1230
Well SPL is what I like from my subs :-) I'm running an 18'' Solo X right now.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
the LMS IS ABSOLUTLY NOT an spl subwoofer. it is an sql subwoofer. the tc 5200 will be 2-3 db louder (and thats straight from both kyle and thilo at tc sounds) the main advantage of the lms is the linier coil (it has 2-3 times less distortion than any other subwoofer on the market, and it is actually more of a home theather sub than car...)
http://www.tcsounds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129
http://www.tcsounds.com/lms5400.htm
PLEASE read these before spreading any more misinformation!

and rob- i am sorry if i came off wrong, not my intent at all! I just wanted to inform you, if you will, about some of tc's not so miniscule accompleshments...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
i fyou want the more spl oriented tc sounds sub- look into the tc5200. their is a user on realm of excursion hitting in the 152.xx range with 1 15 tc5200 (in a daily box, NOT a high tuned box)OR if you want JUST spl- maybe wait for this-
http://www.tcsounds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=799&st=0&gopid=6028&#entry602 8 ?

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1231
I've always like the quick rebuild assembly on their woofers but those recones are expensive and for an SQL woofer it shouldn't be blown up in the first place because you shouldn't abuse and SQL sub like that but it's a good feature for user error.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1561
They already have ridiculous prices on their high lines such as the LMS and the 5200.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 453
I actually read the little article on the woofer page about it and it noted that the woofer can beat out lots of others in SPL. With that much power and such a price, not sure I'll be looking at strictly SQ. That's where I was coming from, didn't mean to misinform.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
i might have misunderstood you- yes it will still be VERY loud, but the 5200 will be louder :-)

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 454
At the point where the 5400 can't get any louder I'll be effectively deaf anyway lol I'm so itching to buy it now, it seems so fcking nice!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
i would wait- they will be lowering their prices VERY soon... they are nice- you wont be dissapointed. i have 2 of them on the way right now... (might replace my tc5200's with them)i just like trying different stuff...

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1232
Those prices are all pretty high.The only sub there that looks worth the money to me is the Tc3K but those prices are all pretty high.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
you gotta pay to play, man. they have ALOT of nice features, some that no one else on the market offer. they use 10" spiders, 4" voice coils (higher power handeling) titanium cones, quick change top assembly (about the easiest recone you can do) and lots of other nice features... the dd's you speak of are not much cheaper.... look up the price on a dd 99 series sub.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 3049
DD FTW
like dj langford said
my DD works great in a box thats 3.5 net :-)
146.2 dbs grrrreatttttt

NEW NUMBERS SUNDAY

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 455
I won't be getting any new subs anytime soon, I only have a civic and not much room. I just got the 1000s, probably gonna ask Mr. Potts to build me a box for them. I don't think they'll disappoint me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us