Amp hookup problem

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

You aint bangin unless..., Il

Post Number: 1108
ok i was messin around tryin to hook up an amp for my highs when something went wrong... all of a sudden my sub started having engine noise in it. well i finally ended up grounding 1 of the extra rca's... dont ask me y i decided to try this but it worked.. i no its not the right way to do it so what do u think i should do?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 491
The outer ring part of the RCA is connector is grounded inside your HU. You probably burned out something in the HU and broke the circuit. Grounding the outer part of the RCA connector should fix it. Don't ground the inner pin part.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 492
BTW this is why you should always disconnect power from the battery before working on a system.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1602
m.s gots a point.. a few HU's of mine burned out somthing and gave me fuzzy noise from RCA's and engine noise on one of those times... burned out just from plugging into amp while powered on :-(

the other way you can ground it.... some RCA's have a extra wire ran with them.. a little one.. thats your ground.. ground it to your HU and to the AMP (both have a small screw that says ground) that fixed my problem..

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1603
btw those were kenwood KDC MP528 models... i went threw 5 of them in a few months all for different things.. 2\5 rca problems.. 1 remote control prob. with sensor on face.. 2 times, skips playing cd at high volumes..even with subs off.. 1 last time... overheating..... i had bad luck with those models... but i liked them all for the first week?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us