OT: exhaust

Bronze Member
Username: Stevefrench

Post Number: 91
i just went and bought a cherrybomb turbo muffler for my 99 cavalier and when installed made a wolrd of diffrence, for $48 it sounds deeper, feels like more power. neone else have this muff.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 338
my friend has cherrybombs on his truck...sound like sh!t to me...but its a diff vehicle and diff person

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 472
Piece of Sh!t..... No power gain from that muffler...... Just so you know. All in your head! Yes, I agree they sound like sh!t.

Bronze Member
Username: Stevefrench

Post Number: 93
yeah i realize that, but it sounds better

Silver Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 339
as long as you like it:-)

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2094
I have Magnaflow for my Yukon, sounds very nice indeed =).

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1971
Let me guess, it is one of those loud-as-hell fart cannons that kids put on their cars that rattles pictures off of people's walls? Normally I don't flame but people with loud exhaust annoy me to death!

And there won't be any kind of performance gain out of an exhaust tip. The only way you will gain any HP is if you upgrade the entire exhaust from the manifold down.

Silver Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 341
i love my flowmasters...wouldnt trade em for anything on my mustang

...except for sum spintech mufflers just to try fo a bit:-)

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1774
I got an Apexi World Series II catback exhaust on my Acura TL sounds pretty good.

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 738
This is the most common cherry bomb that people buy.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2006458/c-10 101/Nty-1/p-2006458/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10101/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTe xtSearchGroup?Ntt=cherry+bomb

I'm kinda liking this exhaust for my 2005 Mustang V6. It sound better than any other axle-back exhaust that i've heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLlbWScTjSM

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 739
sounds^ Man, i'm drunk and can't spell tonight. BTW that is an MRT Aeroturbine exhaust on that Mustang. Only $225.00.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 476
Hey goodie, try out the "off road"=(without catalitic converters) Bassani X-pipe.Maybee its Bissani. Check it out, increadable HP gains and a sound you will never forget!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Iowa

Post Number: 253
what kind of exhaust would u guys recommend for a 1991 firebird formula..its a V8 5.0L....I want something loud...pretty much im just looking for what muffler to run cuz i already bouught 3"pipes coming off the cat and over the axle to the tailpipes...so ya, now i just need a muffler...? wat sounds better and louder then a flowmaster 40 series..because to me flowmaster sounds to much like a tin can

Silver Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 342
ya i wouldnt recomend flowmasters for a firebird because imo they dont sound as good as they do on mustangs...magnaflow makes some that are loud and sound good with em (would be my choice), i dont know which model though

if you are going for just loud and not real unique quality then you could always get glass-packs...i dont like the sound of them too much myself but a lot of people use em for firebirds/camaros

but do a little research on google and see if you find some not so heard of mufflers with sound clips and you might find somethin you like better

Bronze Member
Username: Dreamtheater

Post Number: 99
blowmaster sucks :P Hooker Aerochamber imo

Silver Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 343
lol flowmasters are nice i dont even see how u could say they suck

i dont know much, but FLOWmasters definatly dont suck

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 357
I've got a 91 Camaro 305 V8 and if you are lookin for loud, you don't want glasspacks (sorry goodie, agree to disagree lol). i got them cause i like the low, mellow tone of old muscle cars. they are loud enough for me by far, but it doesnt sound like they are loud enough for what you want. look into Hooker and Magnaflow. if you just want loud and don't want to spend money you could always just run straights.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 358
oh yeah not to mention it's really hard/almost impossible to run dual glass packs on the 82-92 thrid gen. f-body style because of space limitation. mine are completley custom done by a specialty exhaust shop.

Silver Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 344
wait...that confused me....did u get glasspacks? or u dont like them?

i think i agree with everything u said unless you worded something wrong or....maybe im reading it wrong...?

Silver Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 345
ohhh i got it lol...i totally skipped a line in ur post lol...gawd i feel stupid now...so you dont think ur glasspacks are that loud? hmmm interesting

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 360
lol no problem man. and it's not to say they are loud, but they aren't flowmaster loud. they have a deeper tone.. when you start gettin into high rpms and really gettin into the pedal then they get loud, but when im runnin low rpm they arent too loud. what i got Cody was that he wanted something that was head turningly loud.. and even though i have gotten a ticket for loud exhaust (1 out of 8 tickets i've gotten.. haha) i think he'd be better of with a magnaflow or hooker to suit his needs.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10608
my greddy catback gives me a 100hp gain. my car does 12 flat quarter mile.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2045
This is the way to go. Run em straight from headers with a Stainless Steel flex connector.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2006246/c-10 101/Nty-1/p-2006246/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10101/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTe xtSearchGroup?Ntt=side+pipes

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2046
Upload

Silver Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 346
haha only 100? pshh.....

from what the cars i hear around here...glasspacks are much louder then my flowmasters (and my car is one of the louder cars with flows)...i always saw them as more of a quality sounding performance muffler then meant to be loud

and i saw glasspacks as more loud and agressive(somewhat obnoxious at times)....thats why i figured he should look at em

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10614
i really like the sound of mine. its not that loud but when the rpm is high, you can really hear it.

i don't set off car alarms with my exhaust.

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Iowa

Post Number: 254
ok so lets say that i dont want really obnoxiously loud but something thats not cracking and raspy and weird sounding...it has to sound healthy and CLEAN..so would u still recommend the maganaflow or the hooker??? and if so which muffler should i choose??

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 455
Cody, there are a lot of mufflers that will sound good with your engine. IMO, nothing sounds better than flowmaster. Performance is a different story.

"i just went and bought a cherrybomb turbo muffler for my 99 cavalier and when installed made a wolrd of diffrence, for $48 it sounds deeper, feels like more power. neone else have this muff."

Translation: sounds like a POS rice burner, as does any 4 cyl engine.

Mark: Nice car

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

CashMoney, 15 Hd3 USA

Post Number: 977
<-----roush perf exhaust

Silver Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 347
i personally would never put flows on a firebird...magnaflows sound way better for that situation imo...

but there are a lot of sites u can listen to sound clips of different mufflers and different cars so see if you can find something to ur liking

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 362
thats what i was gonna say.. and by the way look into SLP exhaust systems. awesome performance and awesome sound.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 103
someone said you can't get power gains from just the muffler but I know you can on dirtbikes and maybe it's different for cars and my bike was a 2 stroke yz 80 but when i took out the silencer there was a hell of a lot more power. it didn't bog before it hit the powerband and when it hit it it definitely had more power. it was like night and day. and the power was way healthier kinda. so with a high flow muffler you could definitely get some power gains.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us