Fu**in Hackers!!!! No more car audio??

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2193
It sux cuz my mom got a letter today from her bank and it said her credit card info along with others was found on a list that a hacker had got, so this means shes not gonna order anything of the internet for me no more, im so mad if i ever found who hacked peoples info especially mine id make em bleed, bleed bad!! Does anyone know how this happened?? The only websites ive ordered anything off lately was Fi and Ebay, im so mad right now, DAMN!

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1078
was it done w/ a secure connection?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... I GOT KING K...

Post Number: 3913
mommy mommy mommy get a credit card of your own

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1768
If you really want something online, you can pay someone trustworthy on here with cash or check, or whatever then they can buy it for you.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2195
Mommy mommy plez stf bro, im only 17 i cant get a fu*kin credit card!!

Secure connection??

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 524
yeah, was the website encrypted that you ordered from? i dont mean to talk jargon or anything but make sure your mom didnt use any shady online stores to order off of or anything would be my best guess

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... I GOT KING K...

Post Number: 3914
i got my first debit card when i was 16

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2196
The only time she orders offline, which she hates to is for me and ive only ordered on 3 websites ever, etronics, fi, and ebay. Etronics was a long time ago so i know nothing coulda happened there.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1771
A debit card is not a credit card...

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 218
It is with the visa or mastercard logo on it.

Sounds like your mom just doesnt want you usin her card ne more.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

CashMoney, 15 Hd3 USA

Post Number: 972
I got a debit card when I was 16 too.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1970
It really isn't that big of a deal. And it is not because of you using the credit card online. I got the same letter as well. Someone hacked into the T.J. Maxx and some other store's database. If you used your credit card at either of the stores between a certain date range, then POSSIBLY your card number could have been taken. So to be sure they just make everyone change their card number. It wasn't a big deal for me they just sent me a new card and that was it.

Tell your mom not to sweat and for sure tell her she has a weak ass excuse of not letting get car audio! lol

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1573
ebay... can be a problem... alot of times you will get spoof emails and when u click it it asks you to login.. looks like a ebay page but isnt... and if you fill it out.. you just got fished... a good way to test it.... enter bogus login and password, if it works.... its fake.. or u u might of found out a working account? lol Trojans and things can do that as well....
Computer Knowledge > Hackers
Which brings to another thing.. alot of the stuff hackers dont have to do anything... they just send stuff out (virus's or spoof emails) and it all gets back to them automatically.. so any good hacker would ussualy have quiet a bit of information on alot of people... thats one reason i have a PC made for only making online purchases.... it wont ever get a virus :-) and i buy off trusted sites...

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3792
<---17 years old with a daddys credit card and his own debit card...

sorry to hear that tho man...

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3211
i was 17 with a Visa Platinum... so don't say you can't get one :-)... and yes it was my own lol..

still have the card.. good stuff

but on another note...

PAYPAL FTW!!!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1129
Here's an idea get 2 debit cards.The reason for 2 is so you can transfer money to your 2nd account to make online purchase,this way if you get hacked or scammed,whatever,you only lose the money that you placed into the account to make that purchase.For example let's say you wanted to buy a subwoofer that costed 500 bucks,you place the 500 dollars into that 2nd account and that's all they can steal.However,I'd go with Paypal personally,despite the BS fees they have.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 423
Why can't you just send money orders? It will take a couple extra days to get it to them, but after that everything will be just as fast.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1587
VISA FTMFW!
I got scammed once... from a guy on ebay..same guy scammed sombody else seen my negative feedback i left... email me... dude had a P.I on the guy got pics of his license plate and everything.... that guy was determined to get his 500$ back for some bs helmet that he never sent.. and sent me a burned out audioburn... i should set it on fire and get some pics :-)..not sure what happened to the guy but i reported him to plenty of fraud agency's..

VISA MAN>>>>>> get phished... dont pay a penny of what was spent by them..

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1222
"Someone hacked into the T.J. Maxx and some other store's database. If you used your credit card at either of the stores between a certain date range, then POSSIBLY your card number could have been taken."

Yes, same thing happened to me. Actually my new DC showed up just this week. It was national news a few weeks ago. Millions of people involved.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 424
MasterCard sent me a new card too a few weeks ago for the same thing.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 457
See if any stores near you sell these:

https://www.greendotonline.com/Contents/Products.aspx

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 467
bump this thread

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 297
Get a Checking account. Go to keybank, sign up, you only have to be 16 with a parent cosigner, and you get like 50 dollars bonus for signing up. And then put your checking account number in paypal. Use that. AND ONLY BUY FROM HIGH RATED BUYERS ON EBAY.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us