Parallel-parallel wiring

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 389
I've misread a few diagrams and comes out my subs have been wired in series-parallel the whole time. To do parallel-parallel setup I have to connect + and - from amp to one of sub coils, then connect that to the 2nd coil and 2nd coil would in turn connect to a coil of SUB #2. The big question is: how do i interconnect the subs if the subs are in separate disconnected chambers??

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1102
Just run the wires to the same outputs on your amp and connect there and that will give you your parallel setup.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 390
That's how they're already connected.

Here're the diagrams:

parallel/parallel
http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/images/tech/wiring/parallel_parallel_dual_4 .pdf

series/parallel
http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/images/tech/wiring/Series_Parallel_dual_4_o hm.pdf

My connection is exactly as in the 2nd link and none of my subwoofer coils are connected.

Not seeing exactly what you're talking about :-(

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1106
Just tie all your positives together and all of your negatives together and imagine it like a Y.The bottom of the Y wil be where it connects to the amp for both the negative and positive.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1107
Don't worry about connecting the wires from sub to sub.Just connect the wires outside the box as long as it's positive and positive together and negative and negative you'll be fine.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 391
So positives from one channel to positives of subs, negatives of the other channel to negatives of subs. Then parallel the coils. Am I getting that right?

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1115
You're making it far more difficult than it is lol.If you're using a mono-block amplifier then just connect all of the positives together and all of the negatives together,it doesn't matter where you connect them just connect them together and then connect the connected wires to the amp.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 392
LOL I think I was originally right in my setup. I was just brushing up on my circuits and got really confused. Thanks, man!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us