Need new Subs! HELP!

Silver Member
Username: Bies08

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 105
ok i was told i blew one of my subs or something i dont remember. Im looking for new subs. The amp im going to be using is a A1300HCT by Audiobahn. Yes i know its not the greatest buut im modding my car. Getting it faster and all that. I want a killer system but i dont want to have to buy a new amp so oing to use this one. Anyone have any ideas on subs? i was thinking Diamond Audio's or Type R's? any other ideas that would BLOW them subs out of the water? my friend has some kicker cvr's, i want my subs to be louder but stil sound better than his

Silver Member

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 107
umm i as looking around 200 each...not to much more than that

Bronze Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 78
DD1512

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 531
SD2.5-$110+$20(shipping per sub)

Fi.SSD w/ copper coils-$189+$5(for copper coils) (free shipping)

Silver Member

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 108
can you guys say what they actually are and not the abbreviations..like what i can put in on google...or give me links! sorry its been ahwile since i got into the sub thing bc mine were working fine!

Silver Member

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 111
what sthe copper coils have to do with anything anyways??

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 762
I got some advice that will save you a ridiculous amount of money:

Save up until you can get something really great, or you will end up with 3 or 4 mediocre systems instead of one amazing one right from the start.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2031
fi ssd ficaraudio.com

sd2.5 audioque.com

you should also consider a one sub setup. what about 1 FI Q 15" ported. ficaraudio.com.
thats like 270 with shipping i think.

Silver Member

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 113
well im not going to compete or anyting..i just want somethign louder than my friends cvr's......lewass waht are you thinkingbout then?? i dont want to spend over 550 on subs..thats MAX....cuz im putting new gears and a tuner in my car....and exhaust so all that will be like..1800

Silver Member

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 114
bump

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 764
Get something with a lot of cone surface area. Meaning the biggest subs you can fit, with smaller power handling, so you can have something really loud for the cheapest.

Ok I see you have a grand am. I would spend all the money on the system, forget making it faster, it will never be very fast and modding that engine would not be worth it.

I know for a fact you can have a stupid loud system in that car. My friend had 3 JL 12w6's in a sealed box, with a 600 watt amp for each one. It sounded awesome, and it was loud enough to make it hard to breathe inside. I would probably get like 3 alpine type R 12's (etronics.com has them for $117.99), and a 1500 watt amp, like a Sundown.

Theres a box that has one sub in the middle facing forward, then the subs on the sides angle off to each side at a 45 degree angle. This box will fit in that car, and sounds good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us