Opinoins on these 2 jl set ups

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 251
ok i have a 500/1 and am thinking of building a system within the next couple of months, i already have a prefab ported box for 2 12's (temporary because i am broke asa joke until i get a job), ok i was wondering, i was thinking of either gettin 2 jl w3 12's on this 500/1 in a custom box for it, or what do you think about 2 jl 10 w3's in the h.o. box from jl, which one will get louder in your guys opinions

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

}RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2027
the 12s. the w3s are pretty nice.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 292
are they the v2s or v3s??

Bronze Member
Username: Ckelley

Post Number: 74
i have 1 12" Alpine type R on my 500/1 and it pounds just as good as the w3s i had and its way cheaper.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 488
No sub will sound very good in a prefab box. Save some money and get a box built to the specs of whatever sub you decide to get.

Bronze Member
Username: Ckelley

Post Number: 76
i think that depends on the person listening to it though. i have always used prefab boxes and have had pretty good sounding systems "to me". for example i purchased my type r at a well known shop around town and they wanted to charge me 350 for a box built to the type r specs. i went to circuit city and got a single ported bass slammer box for $80 and it sounds loud and very clean "to me" but to someone else it may sound like crap. so i think it depends on the listener. if you are new to car audio you may not wanna spend that much and if you just want some bass in your car then a prefab box will serve the purpose.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 358
for $80 you could probably get someone on the forum to build you a box that knows what they are doing and it would sound a lot better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us