Pioneer vs. pioneer premier

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 325
other then the warrenty wuts the difference between pioneer and premier models cus they have the same looking models and prices

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1521
for what exactly subs, hu's, amps? The premier is more of their competition end equiptment i believe...

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1522
meaning it can prolly take a little more of a beating then the straight out pioneer..

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 332
so the technology behind it is different? alright cool, i wus jus wunderin cus i dont know much bout wuts good on HU's but i always hear the premiers are better then just pioneer but i could never see a diffrernce

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1533
I havnt personnaly used many pioneers, i have one i have yet to install... been so damn busy.. thanks logan :-) lol
But i have a JVC KD-G820 and for the price i find it very very good. Cant ask for more. But i am going to eventually get some other HU;s just to test with. the JVC has 3 pairs of RCA outputs... front\rear\subs\ and a bad@ss eq. 4V preout... about 160 on ebay i think... sweet deal i think.. and USB :-)

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 387
There is basically no difference other than the warranty. Some of the Premier models have higher voltage output and maybe throw in an extra feature compared to the identical Pioneer model, but they are exactly the same parts internally.

This is from someone that owns a Premier 780.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1535
maybe the same parts, but it has to be a different design to make it with different features or more features though, and a higher voltage is a pretty big difference, most HU speaker outputs are the same voltage but the RCA's vary alot if your amp can handle the higher input voltages, it puts less stress on the amp.

all i ever hear about pioneer being good..is the higher up premier models, alot of the rest of their stuff can be beaten for the price\quality in alot of places.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 503
Brad, that's incorrect. The Premiers have high quality components such as DACs for the best possible SQ, the regular Pioneers don't.

Killa, you should have got the KD-AR820 instead. JVC's arsenal series is their high end SQ line, like Pioneer's Premier line.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1591
they didnt have those at bestbuy.. i had to buy it there so i can exchange it faster i have problems with other cd players always messing up from being used so much so i just return it for a new one.. this one has no problems..

Bronze Member
Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 60
now if your talking about jvc sq line. id go for original jvc kd-sh1000, this hu is supreme sq

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1677
hmmm, its the KD-G820, its bad@ss and for the price... i have yet to find somthing that beats it.

Bronze Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 69
the pioneer 4900 is nice its what i have. ive seem them both and they are the same exact thing. maybe like the guy said besides the warranty and the lcd. thats about it.

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 671
^^^^^

And the internal components, like I said above

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 673
didn't bump

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

NSW Australia

Post Number: 290
For the latest HU's, the internal components aren't different. The difference between a P780MP and a P7800MP is basically just the model number and the warranty. Nothing else.

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 785
^^^^^^

Wrong, I'll repaeat again what I said above:

The Premiers have higher quality components such as DACs for the best possible SQ, the regular Pioneers don't.

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

NSW Australia

Post Number: 291
I read what you said above. I'm saying it's wrong, that's all. There are some Premier HU's that don't have a corresponding regular Pioneer model, and some older units that had different features and pre-outs of differing voltages. The new ones that are available in two models, however, are exactly the same, except for warranty.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
just my opinion, i believe a high end pioneer can just sound like the premiers because pioneer like p7800mp has burr brown so as p780mp, so they both should deliver great sq, so its really just the warrant that change, unles you go for p880prs then its a different issue

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
but M.S. could be right

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 502
Simon is correct.

And like I said in my first post, the DEH-P7800MP and the DEH-P780MP are identical except for warranty. Same burr brown dac, same 5 volt outs, same 16-band eq, same list price...

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 861
Well I'll be dammed, I just checked Pioneer's website and sure enough Simon and Brad are right, the specs are exactly the same for coresponding models. (p7800mp and p780mp for example)

Now when the hell did they start doing that. It used to be that the Premier models had features that the corresponding regular models didn't have. I guess this shows how long it's been since I've shopped for a Pioneer HU. lol.

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 862
Well I'll be dammed, I just checked Pioneer's website and sure enough Simon and Brad are right, the specs are exactly the same for coresponding models. (p7800mp and p780mp for example)

Now when the hell did they start doing that. It used to be that the Premier models had features that the corresponding regular models didn't have. I guess this shows how long it's been since I've shopped for a Pioneer HU. lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us