Alpine type x's?? Help please

Bronze Member
Username: Lilpimpd

Post Number: 40
are alpine type x's be consider sql or spl subs? and are they good?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10492
sq. i wouldn't get those. they are power hungry and don't get that loud compared to alot of other subs.

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 181
They are SQ woofers, and sound very very good :-)

Alot of mainstream haters on these boards, the X's are solid woofers.

They are particularly strong on the low bass, awesome extension. For the cost they are a pretty good value.

Once woofer you may want to check out, however, is the www.tcsounds.com tc-9, tonally one of the best woofs ive ever heard, but lacks the extension of the X. *do not* run the tc-9 sealed.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10494
i just don't like them cause i used to own a pair. it does have nice sq but the output was just not enough.

i don't hate on a brand unless i have heard it or have owned it before.

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 186
a pair of type X 10's or 12's can potentially have quite a bit of output, thats up to the box :-)

They do need 1000-1500 each, though, but fed the proper power they are solid woofers.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10495
you are right about the right box. but me and many others don't have your skills mark. so i am basing my opinion on a basic ported box built to alpine specs. i also had them in sealed.

i gotta admit though, it did hit down low well and also the upper bass was nice too.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 433
I'd listen to Mark. I don't think anybody else or here or any forum for that matter knows more about alpine woofers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us